CNC Machine Tool Technology - Full time Instructor
Ivy Tech Community College
General Description of Position:
Provide quality and engaging instruction in all delivery methods and formats within specific academic programs; provide timely and meaningful feedback to students regarding the mastery of course and program learning outcomes; engage students outside of class in support of the curriculum and co-curriculum; provide institutional support and community service; participate meaningfully in student retention and completion initiatives; support the Collegeís mission and strategic plan initiatives; conform to regional expectations of faculty performance and engagement.
- Deliver assigned classes using pedagogy and technology that best support student learning, and in accordance with college loading policy, course objectives and program learning outcomes.
- Develop and maintain curriculum and supporting course materials in keeping with and furtherance of course objectives and program learning outcomes.
- Maintain student records, attendance, grades, and other documentation as required. Manage a classroom environment conducive to student learning and in adherence to federal, state, and college safety standards and practices.
- Facilitate student achievement of expected program learning outcomes.
- Use Learning Management System (e.g. IvyLearn) to facilitate teaching, learning, assessment and communication.
II. RETENTION AND STUDENT SUCCESS
- Provide academic-related coaching and academic monitoring to assigned student advisees in partnership with professional academic advising staff.
- Monitor and document student performance throughout the semester, including use of technology for academic advising alerts; provide necessary interventions to include communication with students, tutoring and other academic supports, and referrals to appropriate college resources.
- Maintain posted office hours and student engagement hours in accordance with regional expectations and the faculty loading policy in the Academic Support and Operations Manual (ASOM 7.2).
- Promote and assist in student recruitment, retention, and successful completion of programs, including outreach to students by phone, technology tools, and other electronic means.
III. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Participate in professional development activities that may include scheduled training, time spent onsite in related business and industries, and self-study to advance instructional and technical skills as well as current knowledge within the field of study.
- Participate in scholarly activities related to the discipline/focus, in fulfillment of annual performance plans, and as required for certification and licensure.
- Stay current in contemporary pedagogy, digital technology, and other technology related to teaching that best support student learning.
IV. COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND BUSINESS OUTREACH
- Participate in community service activities on behalf of the college to advance the collegeís relationships within its service area as appropriate for department/division/college.
- Develop community/industry/business contacts to advance college relationships within service area as appropriate in the department and division.
V. INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT
- Provide institutional support as requested by college administration such as participation on committees and task forces, projects related to college and program accreditations, and grant-related projects.
- Support and engage with Corporate College and Development (Ivy Tech Foundations).
- Attend commencement and participate as assigned by regional administration.
- Participate in college/regional/campus-wide meetings and departmental/division/faculty meetings.
- Participate in career service and alumni activities.
- Support program/department chair in program management activities.
- Adhere to college and regional academic policies.
Incumbents in this faculty role may be considered for Program or Department Chair. Accordingly, additional responsibilities would include:
Manage all elements of the designated academic program, including enrollment management, program administration, instructional quality, and human resource management ensuring coordination with academic and non-academic departments.
- Complete annual Program Review, which includes analysis of trend data and resources.
- As appropriate, engage internally and externally with employers and other economic sector experts, deans, vice presidents, and as a member of the statewide curriculum committee to ensure alignment of quality, relevant, and market-driven curriculum.
- Maintain office administrative hours in accordance with the faculty loading guidelines in ASOM 7.2 Ė Faculty Job Descriptions and Loading.
- Coordinate program advisory committees and assure broad-based membership and participatory agendas.
- If applicable, oversee equipment purchases and maintenance and supplies for instructional laboratories.
A qualified full-time faculty member meets the education component of the School of Technology discipline standard through one of three routes:
1. Possesses an earned baccalaureate or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution in technology, engineering, engineering technology; or, possesses an earned baccalaureate or higher degree directly related to the programís discipline; And possesses any specialized certifications required for the class being taught as indicated in the Curriculum of Record (COR); And two years of directly related work experience that is specifically linked to the competencies listed in the Curriculum of Record (COR).
2. Possesses an earned baccalaureate or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution; And, possesses any specialized certifications required for the class being taught as; And, possesses any specialized certifications required for the class being taught as indicated in the Curriculum of Record (COR); And five years of directly related work experience that is specifically linked to the competencies listed in the Curriculum of Record (COR).
3. Possesses an earned associate or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution directly related to the programís discipline; And, possesses any specialized certifications required for the class being taught as indicated in the Curriculum of Record (COR); And three years of directly related work experience that is specifically linked to the competencies listed in the Curriculum of Record (COR).
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Attach a cover letter, resume, and 3 references (names, address, phone number).
Copies of transcripts may be required at time of interview. Original hard copies of transcripts will be required at time of hire.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Ivy Tech Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Chair of the Search Committee
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Chair of the Search Committee
Please apply as included above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...