Director of Mayor's Scholars Program
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Responsible to the Dean of Enrollment Management for providing leadership and direction in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of Mayor’s Scholars Programs, partnerships, activities and events on campus and within the larger community.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Provide leadership and direction for the implementation of Mayor’s Scholars Program.
- Assist with the management, recruitment and marketing of the college’s concurrent/dual enrollment high school program with Baltimore City Public Schools.
- Administer and track the concurrent/early dual enrollment scholarship program.
- Develop and implement methods of tracking the Mayor’s Scholars program activities and participants by maintaining information and contact data.
- Develop methods of evaluating the effectiveness of the Mayor’s Scholars program awareness, activities and events.
- Participate in professional, community and civic activities and organizations that enhance the image and mission of the College and promote the Mayor’s Scholars Program.
- Provide leadership and direction of Mayor’s Scholars Program enrollment student/parent forums and other hosted academic events for Baltimore City Public high school, students.
- Develop monthly management reports for the Dean of Enrollment Management regarding the implementation and evaluation of the Mayor’s Scholar program.
- Provide leadership for and coordination Mayor’s Scholars Program Open House, Orientation and Summer Bridge program
- Work with internal/external stakeholders faculty, staff, student, alumni, parents, agency, and business volunteers to coordinate programs and events for Mayor’s Scholars Program outreach activities.
- Support the Dean of Enrollment Management in accomplishing institutional and departmental goals.
- Assist the BCCC Foundation with verification and selection process for Mayor’s Scholars Program.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of college policies, procedures, structure and services offered.
- Demonstrated skills in the principles and practices of supervision, management, budgeting, and problem solving.
- Innovative, creative and resourceful.
- Knowledge of college enrollment process (including admissions, advising, registration and payment options).
- Knowledge of windows operating environment.
- Effective communication skills for a team oriented environment.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to supervise, motivate and encourage productivity.
- Knowledge of professional protocol.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Master’s degree required.
- Budget development and program oversight experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in higher education.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...