Instructor-Water Management/Utility Installer Repair
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Water Management/Utility Installer Repair instructors are highly knowledgeable in their field and are, in many cases, currently practicing in their field. They bring this capability into the classroom to instruct in the field of study. This position is for a Tuesday/Thursday day teaching schedule for 11 week sessions.
- Evaluates students' progress and provides appropriate feedback
- Prepares maintains and submits accurate attendance records, reports, class rosters and grades established by institutional policy.
- Provide hands-on instruction and practical training to create an engaging learning environment.
- Provides instruction to adult learners with varying educational levels, abilities, and backgrounds and is able to appropriately adapt and deliver material to the multiple experience levels.
- Uses appropriate technology to enhance student learning outcomes.
- Utilizes a course syllabus for each course taught following established institutional guidelines.
- Makes recommendations for program improvements as appropriate and required.
- Interfaces regularly with project team and other instructors and attends scheduled meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of student records and other sensitive subject matter.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform related duties as required.
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com