Visiting Faculty, Ceramics
Alberta College of Art + Design
(Competition # 1718-JA-FT-20)
To complement existing instructional resources, this position will instruct four (4) 4.5 hour-long studio courses at all levels of the undergraduate BFA in Ceramics program. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education. In addition, the successful candidate will be provided with two (2) course releases towards research and studio practice. They will be required to report and present on research activities as well as mount an exhibition of their studio practice and research at the College while in residence at the College.
The successful candidate will be capable of teaching all forms of Ceramic practice through core courses and studio supervision, including vessel, sculptural, figurative, installation and performance. The candidate will possess an active studio practice that will contribute to the breadth of the program and demonstrate a critical and creative engagement with contemporary discourse on Craft and Ceramics. In combination with a collaborative spirit and professional commitment to the field, experience in academic service, curricular innovation, and Ceramics studio management will be considered an asset.
- Teaching four (4) x 4.5 hour long studio courses at all levels of ACAD’s Ceramics program
- Maintaining a research/studio practice, and contributing to research and scholarship in the field of contemporary Craft, specifically Ceramics
- Creating and exhibiting a new body of work
- Reporting and presenting on research activities in the form of artist talks and/or workshops
- Demonstrating a commitment to pedagogical and academic excellence
- Participating in academic service, curricular program development, and the management of the Ceramics studio environment (as appropriate)
The successful candidate will have:
- An MFA or an equivalent degree or combination of education and professional experience in Ceramics
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience
- A professional exhibition record as a Ceramist
- Excellent technical skills, and a wide knowledge of all aspects of the discipline, with a particular regard for international practice in Ceramics
- Be community-oriented; comfortable interacting with students, faculty, artists, and the public; and able to balance between research, practice, and pedagogy
Preference will be given to applicants with a strong studio practice in experimental or sculptural ceramics.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- How to Apply
>>> Please submit applications via our careers page (www.acad.ca/careers). The application must cover letter, a current CV, and the following:
- Artist statements outlining philosophies and practices regarding teaching and studio practice
- A digital portfolio of your recent studio work containing twenty (20) images accompanied by a corresponding numbered list including titles, medium and size
- A statement on your proposed research topic (topics can include explorations in creative practice, technical process, content development, etc.)
Letters of recommendation are not required with application but will be requested at a later stage, if application is successful.
Academic transcripts are not required with application, however certified transcripts are required before an offer of employment is made in accordance with the ACAD Faculty Association Collective Agreement.
Applications must be submitted in a single PDF document.
Once you have created an account, choose the “Upload Resume” option. You will only be able to upload one file, so make sure all required material is combined into a single PDF document. Incomplete submissions may not be considered. Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make changes or add additional documents. Please visit ACAD’s How to Apply page to ensure your application is complete prior to submission.
Review of applications will begin on April 9, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled or the search is closed.
Further information about the College is available on our website at www.acad.ca.
ACAD is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of the College. We encourage expressions of interest from all qualified applicants for consideration for this or other suitable vacancies although applications from Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
The collection of personal information is for the purpose of determining eligibility and suitability for employment as authorized by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act, section 33(c). If you have any questions about the collection of your information, please contact our FOIP Coordinator at email@example.com.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Alberta College of Art + Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers-Canada.com or www.AcademicCareers.com or www.UniversityJobsCanada.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...