Associate Director of Admission Communication
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,200 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna's unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University's 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
The Associate Director of Admission Communication provides strategic support to the Office of Admission and Student Financial Services for development of all print, online and email recruitment materials. This position reports to the vice president for enrollment and marketing and acts as the primary liaison between the Offices of Admission and Student Financial Services with University Communications for all recruitment-related initiatives. The person in this role also works with other academic and administrative offices on communications aimed at prospective students and their parents, in particular the director of admission, chief communications officer, director of digital and print communications, director of first-year experience, manager of web communications, and creative services manager, among others.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Knowledge of higher education environment including academic and recruitment cycles, administrative/staff and faculty relationships, trends and issues. Knowledge of English language (fluency level) including meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. Knowledge of Slate CRM and the communication modules desirable but not required. Skilled at written and verbal communications, market research, individual and group interview techniques, and project management. Ability to manage multiple projects in a demanding and deadline-driven environment and to work effectively with colleagues, third-party vendors, freelance writers, photographers, videographers, designers and others.
- Provides consultation and editorial direction to the Office of Admission and Student Financial Services for all recruitment-related communications
- Assists with development of all admission collateral, including print, email and web products
- Prepares a communications plan for Admission, in consultation with the vice president for enrollment and marketing, director of admission and University Communications colleagues
- Oversees execution of the admission communications flow
- Strategizes with the Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing and University Communications colleagues to allocate the admission communications budget
- Maintains the Office of Admission web pages and collaborates with the manager of web communications to ensure consistent messaging
- Develops strategies for e-communication deployment through Slate, serving as the overall planner and supporting staff as the deploy communications
- Primary contact with select external vendors including YouVisit
- Ensures development of and manages recruitment assets—print, web and video—for the Sigmund Weis School of Business, Department of Music and other departments that need assistance with recruitment products
- Organizes and facilitates focus groups with various audiences, including current students, high school students and parents, to ensure our recruitment materials are resonating with our target audiences
- Works with freelance writers, when needed, providing direction on copy development for recruitment materials and ensuring they stay within budget and that timelines are met
- Contributes to the overall success of Admission and University Communications by performing other duties as assigned
Position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time and the ability to move about the campus. Position requires the ability to talk and to hear instruction. Position requires extended use of computer keyboard and repetitive typing. Position requires occasional stooping, crouching and bending. Position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds. Working conditions are primarily indoors with some outdoor work for events.
Bachelor's degree in communications or marketing field and minimum five years' related experience required. Related majors considered with substantive and relevant work experience in similar position.
Master's degree, previous experience in similar position/ recruitment communications and work experience in higher education setting preferred.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- For full application instructions and position description, visit https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/1401
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Susquehanna University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...