Director of Workforce Development & Employment
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The Collegeís campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Summary of positionís responsibilities:
Overview of position:
- Providing Career Development Services (such as career information, career counseling, and job placement) for BCCC students.
- Expanding Business Partnerships to provide a range of career services, including work-based learning opportunities, internships, and employment placement for graduates.
- Expanding Community and College Partnerships to align services and expanding services and programs to support student success in terms of navigating degree completion, employment, and career advancement.
- Developing customized career services (curriculum and support services) for each WDCED program so that all students are provided a continuum of services leading to employment.
- Managing on-line information systems and tools for career development and college success.
- Collecting and analyzing students and programs data alignment for accountability and reporting.
- Other duties as directed.
The Director of Workforce Development & Employment Services is a managerial level position responsible for all aspects of program success, stakeholder engagement, accountability reporting, and quality assurance.†
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com