South Orange County Community College District
Full Time, Tenure Track
Job Close Date: 03/12/2018
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instruct core academic dance courses, including two or more of the following lecture courses: Dance History, Multicultural Dance History in the United States, Dance Pedagogy, or Choreography I/II, as well as instruct dance technique courses in two or more of the following dance genres: Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip-Hop, African, Latin, Ballroom or Ballet Folklorico. Concert choreography and related production duties will also be required. Assignment may include day, evening or weekend courses. Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational program, community outreach, in-service programs, and other contractual duties as assigned.
For this position, employees must have at least one of the following:
1. Master’s degree or higher in dance, physical education with a dance emphasis, or theater with dance emphasis from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND a Master’s degree physical education, any life science, physiology, theater arts, kinesiology, humanities, performing arts, or music from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above .
• Two (2) years (full-time or equivalent part-time) recent and successful experience teaching lower-division courses in Dance at the post-secondary level
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
Preference will be given those candidates who demonstrate a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• An earned M.F.A. in Dance
• Recent dance teaching experience at the community college level
• Previous experience in developing lower-division curriculum at the college/university level
• Choreographic portfolio and record of at least three (3) years of regional and/or national level choreographic and/or performance projects
• Knowledge of and an ability to integrate instructional technology in the classroom and to be able to use such technology to offer curriculum and student learning through diverse delivery modes, including experience teaching online or working with Dance for Camera projects
• Experience teaching dance history or pedagogy academic courses
• Experience teaching at least two of the following dance techniques at the postsecondary level: Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip-Hop, African, Latin, Ballroom or Ballet Folklorico
Additional Position Information:
Please provide Weblinks to three (3) examples of recent choreography (full pieces must be available to view). Please include information on where and when the pieces premiered.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- To Apply:
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...