South Orange County Community College District
Irvine Valley College
Full Time, Tenure Track
Job Close Date: 02/05/2018
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instruct developmental and college-level classes in mathematics. Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive mathematics curriculum. Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational program and staff development/flex-calendar activities. Maintain current knowledge of the subject area and effective teaching strategies. Assume leadership roles in the department. Assignment may include day, evening, weekend, online and/or off-campus teaching.
For this position, employees must have at least one of the following:
1. Master’s degree or higher in mathematics or applied mathematics from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in either of the above AND a Master’s degree or higher in statistics, physics, or mathematics education from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above.
• Recent and successful teaching of mathematics at the community college or university level.
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Ability and willingness to teach a wide range of mathematics classes at the community college level (prealgebra, algebra, trigonometry, calculus, introductory statistics, ordinary differential equations, and linear algebra).
• Experience in the use of Blackboard, ALEKS, Connect Math, MyMathLab, WebAssign, and other platforms.
• Knowledge of current teaching practices, including assessment of student learning outcomes.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- To Apply:
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...