$57,139.00 - $89,191.00 Annually
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
2/9/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
This is a full-time, tenure-track Business instructor position in the School of Business and Applied Technology. Under the direction of the Dean, the assignment for the full-service week will be to teach courses offered by the department in the areas of Business, Management, Marketing, Advertising, Small Business Entrepreneurship, International Business, Supervision, Retail Management, Real Estate, and Supply Chain Management, and to participate in any other professional responsibilities as identified under 18.2.3 of the faculty agreement. Although this position is initially at the Rancho Campus, transfers to the Chino or Fontana campuses may be possible per contract and need.
This assignment includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Teach assigned courses in a manner consistent with the department's standards and with the contents cited in the approved course outlines of record (COR's);
- Participate in and lead course and curriculum design, development, and evaluation; student advisement; program review; assessment of student learning outcomes, and district/college/school committees, as required, to maintain and improve the instructional program;
- Provide a dynamic, safe, and positive classroom environment conducive to effective learning;
- Participate in staff, departmental, and college meetings and contribute through appropriate committee assignments and activities;
- Remain current in the subject matter areas and in techniques of effective culturally responsive instruction;
- Develop and maintain industry and institutional partnerships to support department goals;
- Maintain professional and ethical standards;
- Perform other duties necessary for the benefit of our diverse student population, the college, the community, and the profession.
- Master's in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing or business education; OR
- Bachelor's in any of the above AND a Master's in economics, personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree; OR
- Bachelor's in economics with a business emphasis AND a Master's in personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree; OR
- Possession of a valid Lifetime California Community College credential authorizing service as an instructor in Business; OR
- The equivalent; AND
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference may be given to those candidates who establish the highest level of professional competency as evidenced by any or all of the following:
- Prior teaching experience in Business, Management, Marketing, Small Business Entrepreneurship, International Business, Supervision, Real Estate, and/or Supply Chain Management;
- Recent experience teaching courses in non-traditional formats such as online, hybrid, fast-track, accelerated, etc.;
- At least two years of experience in Business or related field, with substantial responsibilities, including but not limited to Management, Marketing, Small Business Entrepreneurship, International Business, Supervision, Retail Management, and/or Supply Chain Management;
- Expertise with the student populations included in the Chaffey College Equity Plan (Download PDF reader);
- A commitment to maintaining current knowledge in his/her field. May be demonstrated by current membership in field-related professional organizations and professional activities OR attending seminars/workshops, or graduate level course work related to the field;
- Possession of relevant industry-recognized certifications;
- Evidence of effective contribution to collaborative team effort in a diverse multicultural academic setting;
- Evidence of appreciation and respect for students and their role and responsibility in the learning process;
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge and skills in a broad spectrum of subject matter;
- Evidence of effective oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to active involvement in the full range of professional and leadership roles expected of a Community College Professor;
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy and mission of the community college.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Based upon the minimum and/or desirable qualifications stated in this position announcement, the initial salary placement range is $57,139 (minimum qualifications) to $89,191 (doctorate) (Fall 2017 salary schedule). Placement is based on the regular full-time faculty salary schedule and is dependent upon verification of relevant experience and coursework from a regional or nationally accredited institution of higher learning.
EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE
Health care, dental program, and vision services for employees and eligible dependents; employee life insurance; sick leave; and retirement coverage through the State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS).
Information and Application Process Instructions
- APPLICATION PROCESS
Chaffey College recently implemented a new online electronic application system. The new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application package must include an online district employment application, filled out in detail and clearly reflect that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications as set forth in the position announcement. In addition, the following documents must be uploaded and included with the online application submission:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If documents are uploaded that are not required, the application may be disqualified.
• Cover Letter (State briefly how the applicant meets the qualifications)
• Professional Reference List (Include names, current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses)
• Copy of Transcripts (Transcripts must indicate degree earned/conferred - photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Transcripts of all degrees applicable to meeting the minimum qualifications for this position must be included. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.)
Foreign transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated in English by a bona fide evaluation service. Educational requirements must be met on or before the closing date.
Completed application and related materials must be submitted no later than the application deadline indicated at the top of this announcement. Failure to submit all required application materials may result in the applicant not being considered for the position.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant's responsibility. The District reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool.
Applicants should promptly notify the Office of Human Resources of any change of address and/or phone number. All application materials are subject to investigation and verification. False statements will be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
The Selection Process
A screening committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the announcement and reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually held on the Chaffey College campus and are conducted by an Interview Committee. Additional interviews may be required. Reasonable accommodations are provided to persons with disabilities. Should an applicant have a need for an accommodation due to a disability, the applicant should contact the Office of Human Resources. Travel costs related to an interview will be borne by the applicant.
About the College
Established in 1883, Chaffey College is one of California's first colleges. Nestled in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, Chaffey's Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana and Chino campus locations serve students from throughout the Inland Empire. A fully accredited two-year institution by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Chaffey College offers associate degrees and vocational and transfer programs in a wide variety of subjects. Most recently named one of the Top 10 community colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute; Chaffey College remains committed to its mission of improving the lives of its students, faculty, and staff through education.
Serving throughout the diverse Inland Empire, Chaffey College provides services to the cities of Chino, Chino Hills, Fontana, Montclair, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, and Upland, reaching a population of more than 830,000. The District also recruits from some of the area's top high schools, accepting students from four surrounding districts; Chaffey Joint Union High School, Chino Unified School District, Fontana Unified School District, and the Upland Unified School District.
Whether the goal is to transfer to a four-year institution or enter the workforce better prepared, Chaffey College provides its students with the opportunity to take a variety of applicable courses. From taking lower division and general education classes to learning career-technical skills, the college provides its students with the tools needed to succeed during their time at Chaffey and beyond.
To Apply, visit:
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Chaffey College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...