Instructor, Radiologic Technology
$63,632.00 - $99,326.00 Annually
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
2/9/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
This is a full-time, tenure-track instructor position in the School of Health Sciences. Under the direction of the Dean, the teaching assignment for the full-service week will be to teach Radiologic Technology courses offered by the department, as well as participate in any other professional responsibilities as identified under 18.2.3 of the faculty agreement. Although this position is initially at the Rancho San Antonio Medical Center in Rancho Cucamonga, transfers to the Rancho, Fontana or Chino campuses may be possible per contract and need.
This assignment includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Teach assigned courses in any area of the program in a manner consistent with the department's standards and with the contents cited in the approved course outlines. Assignments may include evening and summer school;
- Conduct clinical site visits to all affiliated clinical education settings (some settings are 45 miles from the college);
- Participate in culturally responsive course and curriculum design and development, in student advisement of our diverse student population, in program review, in the accreditation process, and in district/college/school committee assignments and professional activities;
- Remain current in the subject matter areas and in the techniques of effective culturally responsive instruction;
- Team teaching classes with co-teachers of diverse backgrounds;
- Perform other assigned tasks for the benefit of the college, the community, and the profession;
- Day and evening assignments at the College or any of the College Campuses may be required as part of the regular contract.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and two (2) years of related experience; OR
- Associate's degree from an accredited institution and six (6) years of related experience; AND
- Hold a current certification in the State of California as a Certified Radiologic Technologist & Fluoroscopic Permit and a Registered Technologist in Radiology issued by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologist; AND
- Four (4) year's continuous, full-time experience in direct patient care practice as a registered technologist at an acute care hospital; AND
- One (1) year of successful experience as an instructor in a JRCERT accredited program or equivalent experience; AND
- Hold a current CPR card and a venipuncture certificate; AND
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates who establish the highest level of professional competency as evidenced by any or all of the following:
- Master's Degree from an accredited program;
- Three (3) years of full-time experience in the professional discipline;
- Supervisory experience;
- Recent teaching experience with adult learners;
- Have a minimum of two years full-time or equivalent experience teaching in a JRCERT accredited two-year Radiologic Technology program;
- Have clear evidence of obtaining and updating computer application skills;
- Hold a state and national certification in an advanced imaging (CT, MRI, Mammography, Interventional, Nuclear Medicine, PET, or Radiation Therapy) registry;
- Provide evidence and demonstrated experience in the use of technology in the teaching and learning process.
- Experience in curriculum development, supervision, instruction, evaluation and counseling in diverse settings;
- Have completed a course, courses or training offered by an accredited school in multicultural education, business administration, teaching, curriculum, and/or counseling.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Based upon the minimum and/or desirable qualifications stated in this position announcement, the initial salary placement range is $63,632 (minimum qualifications) to $99,326 (doctorate) (11-month/196 service days - Fall 2017 salary schedule). Placement is based on the regular full-time faculty salary schedule and is dependent upon verification of relevant experience and coursework from a regional or nationally accredited institution of higher learning.
EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE
Health care, dental program, and vision services for employees and eligible dependents; employee life insurance; sick leave; and retirement coverage through the State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS).
Information and Application Process Instructions
Chaffey College recently implemented a new online electronic application system. The new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application package must include an online district employment application, filled out in detail and clearly reflect that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications as set forth in the position announcement. In addition, the following documents must be uploaded and included with the online application submission:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If documents are uploaded that are not required, the application may be disqualified.
• Cover Letter (State briefly how the applicant meets the qualifications)
• Professional Reference List (Include names, current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses)
• Copy of Transcripts (Transcripts must indicate degree earned/conferred - photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Transcripts of all degrees applicable to meeting the minimum qualifications for this position must be included. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.)
Foreign transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated in English by a bona fide evaluation service. Educational requirements must be met on or before the closing date.
Completed application and related materials must be submitted no later than the application deadline indicated at the top of this announcement. Failure to submit all required application materials may result in the applicant not being considered for the position.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant's responsibility. The District reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool.
Applicants should promptly notify the Office of Human Resources of any change of address and/or phone number. All application materials are subject to investigation and verification. False statements will be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
The Selection Process
A screening committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the announcement and reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually held on the Chaffey College campus and are conducted by an Interview Committee. Additional interviews may be required. Reasonable accommodations are provided to persons with disabilities. Should an applicant have a need for an accommodation due to a disability, the applicant should contact the Office of Human Resources. Travel costs related to an interview will be borne by the applicant.
About the College
Established in 1883, Chaffey College is one of California's first colleges. Nestled in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, Chaffey's Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana and Chino campus locations serve students from throughout the Inland Empire. A fully accredited two-year institution by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Chaffey College offers associate degrees and vocational and transfer programs in a wide variety of subjects. Most recently named one of the Top 10 community colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute; Chaffey College remains committed to its mission of improving the lives of its students, faculty, and staff through education.
Serving throughout the diverse Inland Empire, Chaffey College provides services to the cities of Chino, Chino Hills, Fontana, Montclair, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, and Upland, reaching a population of more than 830,000. The District also recruits from some of the area's top high schools, accepting students from four surrounding districts; Chaffey Joint Union High School, Chino Unified School District, Fontana Unified School District, and the Upland Unified School District.
Whether the goal is to transfer to a four-year institution or enter the workforce better prepared, Chaffey College provides its students with the opportunity to take a variety of applicable courses. From taking lower division and general education classes to learning career-technical skills, the college provides its students with the tools needed to succeed during their time at Chaffey and beyond.
To Apply, visit:
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Chaffey College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...