Enrollment & Financial Services Advisor
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 1/18/2018
The Department of Student Enrollment & Financial Aid at West Valley College is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Enrollment & Financial Services Advisor.
West Valley College, though just minutes from the heart of the Silicon Valley, is in a beautiful park-like setting on 143 wooded acres. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of specialized technical duties related to admissions and records, and financial aid programs; to provide information to students, faculty, and staff regarding the evaluation and status of academic records and financial services; and to perform a variety of student support services including enrollment processing, degree audit, and processing of financial awards, student loans, and scholarships.
This position will be assigned duties split between Admissions & Records and Financial Aid; however, this split may be adjusted to reflect seasonal and departmental needs.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of February 26, 2018. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the Classified Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $4,471.92–$4,867.83 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 57, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated with required dues.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college with major coursework in a business, general education, or a related field.
3. Two years of responsible experience involving student academic records or financial aid.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advise, assist, and provide a variety of technical duties related to admissions, records, athletics, veterans, and financial aid; review application packets and assist students with completion as necessary.
- Serve as the initial source of information and assistance to the public; provide information regarding college schedules, catalogs, policies and procedures, registration and admission processes, matriculation, graduation requirements, transcript requests, financial aid, and veterans or other college programs and services.
- Receive, review, evaluate, and correct errors on a variety of forms, applications, reports and records related to student enrollment, eligibility, and financial services programs.
- Compile, record, input, post, update, verify, monitor and retrieve student data, including grades; assist in the preparation of federal, state, and district reports regarding student academic progress and status.
- Review and document student eligibility for admission, degrees, certificates, transfer, and financial assistance or awards.
- Collect payment for student fees, tuition, and other charges; document, balance and maintain funds according to established and accepted procedures; perform daily reconciliations as needed.
- May receive billing approval for student veterans and other student billing and prepare invoices.
- Establish and maintain student files using a variety of technology systems and software; troubleshoot errors in applicable software and database programs; advise students of status, changes, errors or omissions.
- Generate, verify and monitor computer reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with established requirements; reconcile financial and statistical data.
- Update and maintain a variety of manual and electronic forms and information, including posting information to district and/or college websites.
- Confer with and provide information to counselors, administrators and faculty regarding a variety of student information and records.
- Make presentations to large and small student groups regarding processes, requirements and procedures of area of assignment; assist with outreach events and functions.
- Train and assign work to student workers; track and process student worker timesheets.
- Receive, open, sort, and distribute incoming mail and related forms; process requests for transcripts to and from other colleges and universities.
- Provide assistance and information regarding department policies and procedures, and evaluation and processing of student records; answer questions and resolve issues related to student academic concerns.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...