Student Services Assistant I/II
Anne Arundel Community College
The Student Services Assistant I/II for Campus Information is responsible for overseeing the efficient, nightly operation of the Campus Information Center and providing comprehensive customer service in person and via telephone, e-mail or on-line. The Student Services Assistant I/II is responsible for providing general assistance in enrollment intake, registration, and records retention functions to students and staff promptly, courteously and accurately. The Student Services Assistant I/II also assists with the recruitment, hiring, and training of Ambassadors a group of student volunteer leaders who are selected to represent Anne Arundel Community College in many capacities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use available databases to retrieve, print and disseminate information such as class availability and location and provide accurate information regarding Records and Registration, Admissions and Enrollment Development, Financial Aid, CARS, Weekend You and general college information.
- Assist customers in diagnosing, identifying, and resolving problems.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and offices on campus.
- Participate in ongoing training programs.
- Assist with assignments, activities, projects, reports associated with the departments hosting of the annual AACC College Fair, semi-annual Registration Rally and other recruitment and retention events.
- Greet campus visitors, respond to inquiries and provide current, accurate information, guidance and directions to students, potential students and campus visitors in a courteous manner.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels at the Information Visitors Services Center at all times.
- Provide assistance for the student information program, Just Ask/Greeter, during the first week of each academic semester, including preparing, assembling and distributing informational packets and ensuring the set up and staffing of Just Ask locations around campus.
- Provide campus tours to potential students, parents, school groups, etc. as requested and track tour survey results. Assist with the training of new IVS staff.
- Assist with room scheduling for Information Center and Ambassador related events, meetings, and tours.
- Assist in planning tour agendas, including department visits, confirming and collaborating with tour attendees to customize their experience.
- Respond to Ask AACC and Advising e-mails, ensuring incoming messages are responded to within one business day.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, monitoring hours, and scheduling Ambassadors to assist with department events. Facilitate monthly Ambassador Meetings and assist with the planning of Ambassador End of Year event. Provide support to the Presidents Opportunity Scholarship recipients within the Ambassador program.
- Plan motivational incentives for Information Center staff and Ambassadors that encourages engagement and recognizes accomplishments. Assist with the planning of yearly retreat and team building activities.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Director, Student Information Services and Campus Information Supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a customer service environment required.
Effective customer service, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
Ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional Saturdays to accommodate fluctuating staffing levels and the needs of the Enrollment Services Department.
Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a diverse student population and the public.
Basic use and knowledge of Microsoft Office and general Internet experience.
THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PAID OVERTIME
Familiarity with campus resources and post-secondary institutional operations a plus.
Associate degree preferred.
Information and Application Process Instructions
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Please apply online at: https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...