Animal Scientist - Assistant Professor
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona,
Huntley College of Agriculture
Department of Animal & Veterinary Sciences
Animal Scientist Position
The Animal & Veterinary Sciences Department at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites applications for a tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin in Fall 2018.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
PhD in Animal Science or related field and/or DVM/MVM or equivalent.
Evidence of collaborative work and willingness to work with and collaborate with research faculty and work in partnership with animal units and centers.
A working knowledge of food and fiber animals or companion animals, and/or animal science, production and management.
The candidate’s sub-discipline may include expertise within the animal/companion animal sciences (Genetics, Endocrinology, and Reproduction.
The ability to conduct research in applicant’s area of expertise.
Excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for teaching students.
Demonstration of ability to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and/or service, and of commitment to teaching and working in a multicultural environment.
Three or more years’ experience in animal sciences at an institution of higher learning.
Demonstrated experience in one or more of the animal industries and professional organizations.
University experience in teaching.
Experience in the following areas is preferred: Genetics, Endocrinology and Reproduction.
Successful scholarship, including research and grant writing experience.
A completed application will consist of:
- A cover letter that describes the candidate’s teaching and research experience and interests and that addresses the duties and qualifications articulated in the position description;
- A curriculum vitae comprised of at least those elements specified on the application form and including the names, titles, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least five individuals who can speak to the candidate’s potential for success in this position;
- A completed application form, available at
- A Student Success Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (approximately one page, single-spaced.
- For finalists, an official transcript showing highest degree earned will be required;
- Finalists for the position will be required to provide three recent letters of reference.
Details about the position application procedure are available at:
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com