West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 2/1/2018
Mission College, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, is seeking a talented and dynamic leader to fill the position of Athletic Director. The Athletic Director will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the activities of the athletics program within the student services division, including athletics courses and intercollegiate sports; to coordinate athletic activities with other district departments; and to provide highly complex staff assistance to the Vice President, Student Services.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the various needs of our athletic programs and a culturally diverse student-athlete population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of April 9, 2018. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a Classified Administrator and part of the Administrative employee unit.
Work Location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $122,215–$130,161 annually (Administrative Salary Schedule, Range 22, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 22 days vacation leave accrued annually (25 days after 5 years).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Professional development and renewal leave.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in athletic/sports management, physical education, or a related field.
3. Five years of increasingly responsible experience in college athletic programs, including two years of administrative and management responsibility.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement program goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Plan, organize, and direct athletic activities including athletics courses, coach assignments, intercollegiate competitions, athletic training, and sports medicine.
- Direct, oversee, and participate in the development of the athletics work plan; assign work activities, projects, and programs; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Prepare the athletics program budget; assist in budget implementation; participate in the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; administer the approved budget.
- Recommend the appointment of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; implement discipline procedures as required; maintain discipline and high standards necessary for the efficient and professional operation of the program.
- Develop and enforce protocols to assure compliance with pertinent federal, state, district, and athletic commission standards and regulations.
- Collaborate with Kinesiology program staff and Office of Instruction
- Manage intercollegiate competitions and practices; assure athletic eligibility of students.
- Represent the program and division to outside agencies and organizations; participate in outside community and professional groups and committees; provide technical assistance as necessary.
- Coordinate facilities usage between Kinesiology, Athletics and outside groups in collaboration with Administrative Services
- Research and prepare technical and administrative reports; prepare written correspondence.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...