Refugee Youth Coordinator
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of position:
The Refugee Youth Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the project including hiring, training, and managing the project’s staff and budget, developing partnerships with refugee service providers and the Baltimore City and County Public School Systems, and developing the project’s after school programs.
Summary of position’s responsibilities:
The Employee in this classification receives supervision from the Refugee Program Manager
- Manage the grant-funded budgets of the Refugee Youth Project and School Impact Program.
- Supervise School Impact Volunteer Specialist and AmeriCorps members assigned to the program.
- Hire and supervise program instructors.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of daily lesson plans and general curriculum for the program.
- Coordinate summer school programs for middle and high school RYP participants.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for after school programs.
- Develop and implement at least three instructor trainings a year.
- Ensure and maintain ongoing assessment of program.
- Maintain student databases (including attendance) for grant reporting purposes.
- Write narrative grant reports.
- Maintain close contact with refugee families and refugee resettlement workers.
- Create and distribute program promotional material, and maintain program website and Facebook page.
- Oversee community outreach and program marketing, and represent the program to school and community groups.
- Ensure all supplies are available at all RYP sites (including snacks).
- Other duties as needed.
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com