Assistant Professor of Dental Hygiene
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
This position is responsible for:
- Selecting course materials that reflect the master syllabi
- Using evidence-based resources to improve and support teaching
- Identifying individual learning styles and unique needs of students who are culturally diverse, traditional vs. non-traditional, at-risk (e.g..., educationally disadvantaged, learning and/or physically challenged, social and economic issues)
- Advising learners in ways to help them meet their educational goals
- Providing input for the development of department standards and policies
- Actively participating in the design of the curriculum to reflect institutional philosophy and mission, current trends and best practices, community and societal needs, educational principles, theory and research, and use of technology
- Demonstrating knowledge of curriculum development including: identifying program outcomes, developing competency standards, writing course objectives, selecting appropriate learning activities, selecting appropriate clinical experiences, and selecting appropriate evaluation strategies
- Networking, collaborating, and partnering with other disciplines to enhance influence with the academic community
This position is responsible for:
The instruction of students in the discipline of Dental Hygiene in conjunction with participating in departmental and college wide activities in alignment with the mission and strategic goals of the college.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Dental Hygiene
- Two (2) years' of teaching experience in a dental hygiene program
- Two (2) years' recent clinical experience in Dental Hygiene patient care within the last 3-5 years
- Eligibility for licensing in the State of Maryland
The final candidate(s) are subject to a pre-employment background check.
- Master's degree in Dental Hygiene or related field
- Two (2) years' of experience in multicultural Higher Education setting
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com