Director of Procurement
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The Collegeís campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of position:†
The Director of Procurement serves as a key member of the Vice Presidentís leadership team.† The Director of Procurement focuses on strategic oversight and management of the Collegeís procurement functions, while serving as the Collegeís principal and chief procurement officer.† The Director of Procurement ensures compliance with†all local, state, and federal laws related to procurement. The Director of Procurement supervises the department to ensure accurate and timely processing and controls.†
- Oversees, plans, directs, organizes and authorizes all procurement activity for the College
- Provides leadership and guidance to Procurement staff, including assigning, reviewing, and approving the work of staff
- Responsible to review and approve contracts for the purchase of goods and services, ensuring consistency, completeness, and protection of the college in legal matters related to all agreements.†
- Responsible for oversight of the contract management and purchasing systems, and implementation of†enhancements.
- Responsible to manage the coordination of approvals for purchasing ensuring accuracy, consistency, clarity, and timeliness.
- Responsible for strategic planning for centralized college wide major purchases.
- Other duties as assigned
† Employees in this classification receive supervision from†the Vice President of Business and Finance
- Bachelorís degree required, preferably in a business-related field;
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive procurement experience with high volume, high dollar transactions;
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience.
- Master's degree preferred;
- Procurement-related certification preferred;
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...