Ethically Centered Data Science Certificate Program Director
Director of Ethically Center Data Science: Marquette University is launching a new graduate certificate program in Data Science.
Call it data science, predictive analytics, data analytics; it is mentioned in nearly every review of the top 10 trends in the computing industry.
Marquette University is looking for a full-time director of graduate studies for this new Ethically Centered Data Science certificate program.
As the director, you will:
- launch this incredibly relevant and notable program
help shape the program’s content
- market the program
- recruit and advice students
- establish corporate engagement relationships
- teach within the program
- participate in a dynamic university exploring education on the cutting edge of technology
The Ethically Centered Data Science Certificate Program director is responsible for most administrative functions for the certificate under the direction of the department chair.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, with input from program faculty and the department chair, an annual budget for the program, including preparing budget recommendations, submitting justifications for budget items, and monitoring and controlling program expenditures.
- Teach 12 credits annually of MSCS coursework or its non-credit equivalent.
- Coordinate teaching assignments for courses within the program, and program course schedule(s) with the department Chair/Assistant Chair and other interdisciplinary partners, including monitoring syllabi and textbook selections.
- Coordinate accreditation, program review, and assessment activities required for the program.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of marketing campaigns, including the creation of marketing materials, identification of appropriate formats and delivery mechanisms, and collaboration with university partners, including the Office of Marketing and Communication, and the Graduate School.
- Facilitate recruitment of students for the program, including responding to prospective students who express interest in the program, working with the Graduate-School-designated faculty recruiter and participating in events hosted by the college/department, the Graduate School or other university unit.
- Facilitate program admissions according to department practice, including (as appropriate) convening an admissions committee, managing the review of applications, accessing and updating admissions information in the application management system, and communicating with the Graduate School.
- Develop or contribute to reports detailing the status of the program, including those related to recruitment, enrollment, budget, student status, student placement, graduation, industry relations, industry input, etc.
- Participate in due process required for students as described in university policies and procedures.
- Serve as an advisor to and provide guidance for students, including connecting students with the Career Center, the Counseling Center, Student Services, the Office of Disability Services, the Graduate School, etc., as appropriate, and handle student complaints.
- Maintain strong industry contacts and relationships, including recruiting members for the industry advisory committee to provide direction to the program, including scheduling at least two industry advisory committee meetings each year, and serving as ex-officio member and committee secretary.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in, or closely related to, data science, analytics, computer science, information technology management or higher education administration.
- Three years of experience of industry-related experience is strongly preferred to appropriately administer a program in higher education, advise students in this program and develop and maintain appropriate connections with industry partners.
- A working understanding of the field of data science and related industries.
- Organizational and administrative skills associated with marketing, recruiting prospective students, advising current students and the processes of these operations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Education/Training and Certification, Licensure, Registration Requirements:
(Minimum level of education necessary to perform the essential job duties. Please only consider the basic job requirement for knowledge)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Doctorate in one of the specified areas.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Special Instructions to Applicants
All applications for this position must be received through Marquette’s electronic recruitment system at https://employment.marquette.edu/postings/8781.
Please attach a cover letter of application, resume, unofficial transcripts and the names and contact information of three references.
Formal review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled with an outstanding candidate.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Marquette University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Chair of the Search Committee
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Chair of the Search Committee
Please apply as included above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...