Vice President of Administration and Finance
Humboldt State University
(Job #17-116) Administrator IV, Vice President for Administration and Finance. Humboldt State University invites nominations and applications for the position of Vice President for Administration and Finance. This position is an Administrator IV in the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP). Under this plan, incumbents are subject to normal management reviews and serve at the pleasure of the University President. Additional information can be found at: http://www.calstate.edu/HRAdm/policies/mpp.shtml
Overview: Reporting to the University President and in collaboration with colleagues across the campus, the incumbent is responsible for the administrative leadership, management, and oversight of the University's division of Administration and Finance. The incumbent provides comprehensive leadership to ensure that the University budget ($215M, including four auxiliaries), campus capital planning efforts, risk management and safety policies, and resource acquisition and use all support the University's strategic plan and academic mission. The incumbent must be dedicated to creating and supporting a workplace committed to collaboration, teamwork, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Compensation: The salary is competitive and is determined by the strength of qualifications. This is a CSU Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position with an attractive benefits package. Additional information regarding benefits can be found at: http://www.calstate.edu/hr/benefits/documents/management-personnel-plan-mpp-benefits-summary.pdf.
Position Summary: The successful candidate will be a creative and visionary leader with a record of management accomplishments, high professional standards, and demonstrated inclusive leadership.
As chief financial officer of the University, the Vice President is a member of the President's Cabinet. The Vice President is responsible for providing the campus community with high quality support services and provides leadership and guidance for the approximately 275 employees who make up the following units: Contracts and Procurement; Facilities Management; Financial Services; Payroll; Risk Management and Safety; the University Budget Office; and the University Police Department.
Duties: As one of four vice presidents, the Vice President for Administration and Finance plays a key role in the development of University policy and represents the campus in dealings with the California State University (CSU) Chancellor's Office, with other CSU campuses, and with the local community in matters of mutual interest and concern. The Vice President for Administration and Finance also works closely with University leadership to ensure oversight of University operations.
The successful candidate will have strong analytic skills, experience in communicating effectively, and the ability to build strong university-wide working teams with faculty, staff, students, and administrators. The Vice President will also: foster relationships with alumni, business partners, and other institutional constituencies; develop and implement a comprehensive financial plan aligned with the University's strategic plan and priorities; ensure that sound financial recording and reporting principles are followed; ensure compliance with all applicable laws, policies, and procedures; ensure that the campus master plan for facilities construction and development is maintained and advanced and advocates for resources to execute the plan; responds to requests from the Chancellor's Office and the Board of Trustees.
Education, Experience, and Professional Behavior:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
- Demonstrated history of or potential for commitment to diversity, inclusion, and racial equity — particularly related to Humboldt State University's population and campus legacy;
- Demonstrated history of creating and supporting a workplace committed to collaboration and teamwork;
- Senior level experience and a proven record of leadership in planning, project management, problem solving and managing a highly skilled professional organization with a diverse fiscal structure;
- Prior responsibility for finance and budgetary decisions at the organizational level in the public or private sector;
- A thorough knowledge of, or extensive experience in, budget development and management; accounting theory and practice; and familiarity with risk management;
- Leadership experience in capital project planning;
- Familiarity with complex fiscal models, budget, and auditing best practices;
- Ability to manage and inspire colleagues with a strong emphasis on collegiality and customer service;
- Ability to manage challenging situations and use a fact-based approach to problem solving;
- Commitment to an open and supportive organizational culture that embraces discussion and debate;
- Ability to work with Cabinet members as a team player seeking solutions for the good of the whole university;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to establish good working relations with faculty, staff, students, business partners, and other institutional constituencies; and
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability.
Experience in higher education;
- Experience with integrating current technology into administrative systems such as business services, human resources, and/or facilities management processes;
- Evidence of engagement in social justice and equity;
- Experience in a collective bargaining environment and experience in public/private partnership development;
- A master's or doctorate degree from an accredited university;
- Knowledge and experience in the development, management, and maintenance of campus facilities and grounds; and
- Knowledge and experience working with auxiliary organizations and/or non-profit boards.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Application Procedure: Qualified candidates should electronically submit the following materials through Interfolio: https://apply.interfolio.com/47644
-Letter of Interest
-Resume or Curriculum Vitae
-Contact information for at least three professional references
-HSU Employment History Form (https://forms.humboldt.edu/employment-history-form; We recommend saving this completed document to your computer, especially if applying for multiple positions at Humboldt State University)
If assistance is needed, the Human Resources & Academic Personnel Services office (located in Siemens Hall room 212) has a computer station available and our front office team would be happy to assist you.
Nomination Procedure: Referrals of qualified candidates should be sent to email@example.com; please include the full name, email address, and current position of the candidate, and indicate “Job # 17-116” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: The first review of applications will be Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
HSU is committed to enriching its educational environment and its culture through the diversity of its staff, faculty, and administration. Persons with interest and experience in helping organizations set and achieve goals relative to diversity and inclusion are especially encouraged to apply.
Siemens Hall - Room 211
Arcata, CA 95521-8299
Fax: (707) 826-3625
It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide complete and accurate employment information. Incorrect or improperly completed applications will not be considered for vacancies. Any reference in this announcement to required periods of experience or education is full-time activity. Part-time experience or education - or activities only part of which are qualifying- -will receive proportionate credit. In accordance with applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements, preference may be given to the campus applicants covered by these agreements. However, positions are open to all interested applicants, both on and off campus.
Evidence of required degree(s), certification(s), or license(s) will be required prior to the appointment date. The successful candidate for a position at HSU is required to be fingerprinted through the Humboldt State University Police Department or their local law enforcement agency. The results of the fingerprint process must be received by the university prior to the candidate’s appointment. The cost of the fingerprinting is borne by the university.
Humboldt State University is committed to achieving the goals of equal opportunity and endeavors to employ faculty and staff of the highest quality reflecting the ethnic and cultural diversity of the state. Additional information about Humboldt State University can be found at http://www.humboldt.edu.
Humboldt State University is a Title IX/Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race,religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Humboldt State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...