Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education - College of Education
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
The College of Education and P-16 Integration is accepting applications for an Associate Dean in Research and Graduate Education. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) was created by the Texas Legislature in 2013 as the first major public university of the 21st century in Texas. This transformative initiative provided the opportunity to expand educational opportunities in the Rio Grande Valley, including a new School of Medicine, and made it possible for residents of the region to benefit from the Permanent University Fund – a public endowment contributing support to the University of Texas System and other institutions.
UTRGV has campuses and off-campus research and teaching sites throughout the Rio Grande Valley including in Boca Chica Beach, Brownsville (formerly The University of Texas at Brownsville campus), Edinburg (formerly The University of Texas-Pan American campus), Harlingen, McAllen, Port Isabel, Rio Grande City, and South Padre Island. UTRGV, a comprehensive academic institution, enrolled its first class in the fall of 2015, and the School of Medicine welcomed its first class in the summer of 2016.
The College of Education and P-16 Integration is seeking an innovative leader and scholar, to assist our leadership team beginning in the Fall 2018. Reporting to the Dean of the College of Education and P-16 Integration, the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education exemplifies the qualities of an innovative leader and scholar. The position requires administrative and research experience, as well as a terminal degree. Candidates’ must demonstrate scholarly and professional achievement that would merit a tenured faculty appointment in one of the college’s five departments. The successful candidate will work closely with the leadership team to transform the college into a nationally renowned leader in educator preparation. In addition, the successful candidate will facilitate grant writing and professional development activities related to research and scholarly productivity; develop programs and procedures to enhance research efforts within the college; foster a collaborative research environment that spans within, across, and beyond the college; work with faculty to expand program offerings at the doctoral level; maintain an active research agenda; and serve as the primary liaison to the Graduate College. The Associate Dean is expected to teach two courses during the academic year. The position is a 12 month position.
The College of Education and P-16 Integration is a catalyst for educational success for individuals, families, communities, the region, and our society at large. We do this through thoughtful, culturally sustaining partnerships with our schools and communities, demonstrating responsiveness to a growing bilingual and biliterate population. As such, we are committed to excellence and innovation in teaching, research, and service. We:
- provide rigorous programs of study founded on the belief that scholarship and life experience are strengthened when integrated, that diversity in all its manifestations is a fundamental component of excellence in education, and that partnerships that foster authentic social and community engagement are vital;
- engage in continuous improvement through curricular and technological innovation in order to remain responsive to the changing educational and global reality;
- develop highly effective, multi-culturally responsive and sustaining innovative scholars, learning leaders, and education professionals who challenge the status quo and serve as change agents, making a difference by promoting social justice, embracing diversity in its broadest definition, inspiring thought leadership, and pursuing lifelong learning; and
- lead through evidence-based decision making and data literacy in order to share our story with the academic and broader research communities, as well as our public school partners, families, and policy makers.
The College of Education and P-16 Integration offers master’s programs in educational leadership; curriculum and instruction with specializations in digital literacy, elementary mathematics and science education, mathematics education, science education, and social studies education; school psychology; bilingual education; reading and literacy; and counseling. We also offer Ed.D.’s in educational leadership and curriculum and instruction with several specialization areas. The College of Education is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
For more information about the College of Education and P-16 Integration, please visit the following website:
- An earned doctorate degree from an accredited institution in Education or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in higher education administration;
- A record of funded research as a principal investigator or project director;
- Strong research agenda/publication record.
- Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research;
- Experience in developing Ph.D programs;
- Demonstrated expertise in partnership development.
- Commitment to teaching, scholarship and service consistent with the mission of the university and the College of Education and P-16 Integration;
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment in the College and University;
- Demonstrated ability in data-based decision making including for program improvement;
- Demonstrated ability in excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal responsibility, and social justice;
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Contact Information:
If you have any questions regarding this position, please feel free to contact email@example.com or (956) 665-3627.
To apply for this position, please visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/15417
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
UTRGV College of Education and P-16 Integration
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
UTRGV College of Education and P-16 Integration
Phone: (956) 665-3627
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...