Instructor/Assistant Professor, Mathematics
Anne Arundel Community College
A strong candidate should demonstrate a proven ability to teach college-level mathematics courses and have current experience using online homework systems. Additionally, excellence in oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills is expected as much work for the department and college is done through committees. Teaching assignments are 15 faculty load hours per semester to include both developmental and college-level mathematics courses.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
With meeting community needs and improving teaching and learning among Anne Arundel Community College’s highest priorities, we are strategically positioned to set and surpass new standards of excellence in our primary teaching and learning mission. Guided by principles that emphasize equity and student success, especially in learning, and continuous improvement for a progressive and vital learning community, we envision AACC as a premier learning organization that is in the vanguard of community college education. As a consequence, we welcome qualified faculty candidates who
- integrate learning outcomes assessment techniques in their instructional planning, curriculum design, and teaching activities
- apply informational technology to the teaching and learning process
- deliver instruction in a variety of formats
- understand and apply learning organization theory
- thrive in cross-functional roles
- make data-driven decisions
- collaborate in flexible, imaginative problem-solving
- integrate interdisciplinary and global perspectives into their methodology
While faculty work of 30 faculty load hours an academic year will include primary responsibilities for teaching and assessing learning and for institutional service, advising, and professional development, the college seeks to break the frame that traditionally surrounds faculty assignments, especially since academic divisional needs vary. As such, faculty should expect to integrate with their primary responsibilities some combination of the following,
- Creating experiential learning opportunities and assessment techniques, (e.g., work-based and service learning; portfolio assessment, including developing and evaluating learning portfolios; etc.)
- students from target groups
- new full-time faculty
- part-time faculty
- Designing, formatting and delivering curriculum for synchronous and asynchronous learning
- Training and consulting for workforce initiatives (e.g., for public and corporate partners, etc.)
- Developing and implementing community education and extended learning programs
- Partnering with colleagues to enhance services to students and the community
- recruiting and marketing
- advising with expanded responsibilities
- devising retention strategies and activities
- Strengthening relations and collaborative activities with K-12 and baccalaureate-granting colleagues
- Master's degree or higher in Mathematics, Mathematics Education, or a closely related field with at least 18 graduate credit hours in mathematics.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience teaching mathematics.
- Ability to teach a wide variety of courses including developmental and credit-level mathematics courses.
- Candidate should have experience integrating technology and innovative teaching strategies to improve student learning.
- An original teaching philosophy statement is required with your submission.
- Community College teaching experience.
- Experience teaching in online and/or hybrid formats.
- Statistics and/or mathematics courses for elementary education majors is highly desirable.
- Experience in accelerated and/or technology-supported developmental mathematics programs.
- Ability to teach upper-level STEM courses such as the calculus series (Calculus 1, 2, and 3), Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, and/or Discrete Structures is a plus.
- A strong candidate has knowledge of the community college’s mission and issues directly related to serving community college students.
- A doctorate is not required, but highly desirable.
Information and Application Process Instructions
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Please apply online at: https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...