Instructional Specialist I/II, Hotel, Culinary Arts and Tourism Institute
Anne Arundel Community College
The Hotel, Culinary Arts, and Tourism Institute (HCAT) Instructional Specialist is responsible for the delivery of instruction, maintenance of accreditation standards, and providing program support for the Institute, including curriculum development and special projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide instruction in the HCAT Institute as directed by enrollments and assigned on a semester basis. Courses may include any combination of credit and non-credit, open enrollment or contract.
• Support and implement identified program goals and objectives and the college’s strategic objective in the operations of the HCAT Institute.
• Active participation and maintenance of accreditation standards and program compliance.
• Recommend, develop and incorporate curriculum updates as necessary to maintain currency and relevance.
• Active participation in the development of program and course outcome assessments, curricular reports and other administrative projects as assigned.
• As the lead instructor for assigned courses, coordinate course delivery with instructors to ensure overall HCAT standards are maintained.
• Input and maintain up-to-date chef’s database for assigned courses. Liaison with Facilities Manager regarding product and equipment needs.
• Participate in the development of assigned course budgets. Maintain responsibility for working within the budget framework.
• Active participation in HCAT Institute outreach initiatives. This includes participation and/or leadership of open houses, fundraisers or other special events such as school fairs and trade shows
• Maintain active membership with professional and other community organizations.
• Must maintain appropriate industry certifications and actively participate in an approved professional development plan.
• Maintain professional and effective communications and mutually beneficial relationships with all departments in related program areas.
• Provide mentoring and advising for students. Maintain a regular schedule of student advising hours.
• Meet deadlines in the preparation and submission of projects and all related reports as directed.
• Attend all departmental, school and college meetings as requested.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director or Assistant Director.
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
ACF chef certification or ability to obtain chef certification.
Minimum of five years of related industry experience required.
Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends and to travel locally to accommodate the needs of the program.
Minimum of two years teaching experience, preferably at college level.
Familiarity with microcomputer applications such as word processing, data base management or industry specific point of sales systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to work with minimal supervision with attention to details and deadlines.
Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with students, faculty, staff, governmental agencies, representatives of community and professional organizations and the public.
Master’s degree in related discipline preferred.
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Flexible
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com