Unity House Post-Baccalaureate Fellowship
Juniata College, a highly ranked liberal arts college of 1,600 students located in the scenic Allegheny Mountains of central Pennsylvania.
The Unity House Post-Baccalaureate Fellowship leads independent and collaborative programming, student support, reception and hospitality in Unity House, and logistical, budget and administrative office support services for Campus Ministry and Diversity and Inclusion.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in providing information, advocacy, referral, mentorship, and other direct services to students seeking assistance at the Unity House. Provide an inviting and welcoming presence for all persons utilizing the Unity House.
- Provide programming and engagement opportunities focused on cultural, religious, equity, and other social justice movements. Actively engage collaborators for local, national, and international awareness events. Create space and means for conversations and opportunities that express the College’s core values in a broad and cooperative manner across the campus.
- Serve as a resource person for students, staff, and faculty interested in the services of the ODI and Campus Ministry Office. Direct students to available services and supports across campus.
- Develop the infrastructure and guide the coordination of culturally related student organizations to empower groups and create opportunities for mutually advantageous programming, education, and support.
- Maintain basic office operations including file/data management, personal/telephone reception, and written correspondence preparation.
- Provide the necessary support for and assist with implementation of programming generated by Unity House including the Coordination of logistics for all events/programs sponsored by Unity House offices (lodging, transportation, meals, payments, etc.).
- Provide training, supervision, and coordination of student assistants of the Unity House.
- Manage time cards for student assistants and Plexus mentors.
- Coordinate Unity House reservations by groups and follow up to ensure appropriate usage and cleanup.
- Maintain/update websites.
- Reconcile pcards for all Unity House staff members and manage budgets/finances.
This position reports to both the College Chaplain and the Special Assistant to the President for Diversity and Inclusion. The position is a one year full-time appointment. Successful fellows may apply for an additional one year extension.
- A recent Baccalaureate degree (within the past 2-3 years) with preference given to graduates of the PA Consortium of the Liberal Arts member schools.
- An ability to articulate a basic commitment to social justice issues as they relate to a college campus.
- Positive/enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with various constituencies in the college, including both academic and student life, and in the community to enrich awareness related to diversity and religious life issues on campus.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills including the ability to relate well with students, church and community leaders, parents, and others from diverse backgrounds.
- Prior experience sufficient to demonstrate necessary competency in basic accounting bookkeeping, PC office software including, spread sheets and word processing, and customer service skills.
- Prior experience working in leadership positions with and/or supervising college students.
- Detail oriented along with solid organizational and prioritization abilities.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Juniata College will take positive steps to enhance the ethnic and gender diversity in both its campus and curriculum. The College takes these steps not only for legal obligations, but because it fully believes that such actions are basic to human dignity.
It is the policy of Juniata College to conduct background checks.
To apply for this position, please complete our online application at http://www.juniata.edu/services/hresources/openings.html
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Juniata College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Chair of the Search Committee
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Chair of the Search Committee
Please apply as included above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...