Instructor, Networking - Tenure-Track
Raritan Valley Community College
Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC), serving Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for over fifty years, offers over 90 associate degrees and certificates, customized training and continuing education. The College's 240-acre campus lies at the crossroads of central New Jersey in North Branch. RVCC is committed to being a learning-centered college that works closely with the community to develop and offer new and innovative programs to meet the needs of a growing diverse community and student population.
Instructor, Networking - Tenure-Track
The Computer Science Department invites applicants to apply for a full-time tenure-track position in Networking. Seeking qualified candidates to teach courses as assigned including Networking Essentials, four Cisco Academy courses in the current Routing and Switching Curriculum, and an elementary course in Computer Security.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Teach courses as assigned including Networking Essentials, four Cisco Academy courses in the current Routing and Switching Curriculum, and an elementary course in Computer Security.
- Teach courses on campus and online. Courses will be taught at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs.
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods.
- Develop and / or use a syllabus--based on official course outline--for each course within College and departmental guidelines.
- Remain accessible to students via office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods of communication.
- Evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives, and inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend student learning materials.
- Participate in the periodic program review process to ensure the currency and effectiveness of related departmental offerings.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community.
- Participate in scheduled department and College activities. Serve on departmental and College-wide committees. Participate in and contribute to the academic and administrative operations and policy making of the college through committees and other bodies established for such purposes.
- Adhere to College policies and procedures.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited institution. Minimum of two years prior teaching experience required. Experience teaching courses in computer security, computer networking, routing and switching, wide and local area networks and network design and architecture.
- Cisco Certified Instructor. Certification earned from the Cisco Networking Academy.
- Professional experience in Networking and Security.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to teach both day and evening courses.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- College teaching experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) professional certification.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume/vita and unofficial transcripts online
Applications received by January 1, 2018 will be considered in the first review of applicants.
Initial salary and rank will be based on the successful candidate's educational qualifications and professional experience. The College also offers an attractive employee benefits package.
We regret that we are unable to respond individually to each application. Applicants chosen for further consideration will be contacted directly.
Raritan Valley Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer. We will implement the policy to assure that the employment opportunities offered at the institution are available to all person.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Raritan Valley Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com