Associate Dean, Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development
College of Medicine
Central Michigan University
Twelve-month; Medical Faculty/Administration
The Central Michigan University College of Medicine (CMED) is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as a faculty member with the administrative appointment as Associate Dean, Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development.† The associate deanís primary role is to administer and see to the success of the faculty affairs and development department.† The associate dean works with the department chairs to recruit and retain faculty, oversees the development and mentoring of faculty, is responsible for all programs related to faculty development and advises the Dean on reappointment, promotion, and tenure policies.† The associate dean also has oversight of the success of the faculty educator and professional development department. The position includes the expectation of teaching and scholarship in the individualís area of expertise. The successful candidate will assume a role in the ongoing improvement of a highly integrated, cross-disciplinary, clinical presentation and inquiry-based medical school curriculum that includes Case-Based and Team-Based Learning.
This position can be at the Associate or full Professor rank, depending on credentials, and is available immediately. Part time opportunities exist for interested applicants. Start date is negotiable.
- Doctoral degree (PhD, MD/DO)
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of faculty affairs and faculty development
- Established credentials and experience in medical education, leadership, and/or administration.
- Experience developing and mentoring medical school faculty
- A record of scholarly activity with the expectation of continued scholarly activity preferably in educational research, but other areas will be considered.
- Experience in health professions education and commitment to innovative approaches to education and learning
- Ability to facilitate interactive learning in large and small group settings
- Strong collaborative and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Experience with cross-disciplinary teaching in an integrated medical school curriculum. Experience with, or a strong knowledge of, pedagogical approaches such as team-based learning.
Applications must be submitted on-line at: www.jobs.cmich.edu. Keyword College of Medicine. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until filled. CMU CMED encourages applicants from historically underrepresented populations, veterans, women, and other minorities to apply.† Electronically attach a letter of application, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching ability, statement of teaching philosophy, statement of research/scholarly interest, and a list of three professional references, including phone numbers and email addresses. Questions can be directed to Erin Ellison, Search Committee Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 989-774-7213.
CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate in employment against persons based on age, color, disability, gender, gender identity/gender expression, genetic information, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or weight (see http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie.)
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Central Michigan University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com