Assistant Professor Tenure Track Archives Search
Queens College, Graduate School of Library & Information Studies
The Graduate School of Library & Information Studies (GSLIS) at Queens College, CUNY, has a position for a tenure track Assistant Professor with a strong background in Archive Management and Studies.
Candidates must possess a Ph.D. in library/information science or a related field at the time of hire.
Qualified applicants must have at least one earned degree in library science or its equivalent.
The successful candidate will have experience teaching in higher education and a demonstrated record or potential for research and service.
Qualified candidates will have research and teaching expertise as well as practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Applications of emerging technologies in libraries and other information services environments: mobile applications; social media; cloud and other collaborative environments; makerspaces.
- Digital and data literacy: open access systems; institutional repositories management; data management and visualization; digital rights management.
- E-resources collection development and management; ILS management; programming design and outreach services; information literacy instruction.
In addition, we seek candidates who have demonstrated evidence of collaborative activity in professional or scholarly settings and who have familiarity with critical approaches to technology, including issues related to privacy, digital inclusion and ethics. Experience with assessment methods is a plus.
For more information about this full-time position, please visit http://cuny.jobs/queens-ny/assistant-professor-graduate-school-of-library-and-information-studies/8D20356DB5684DE4BC623328383BF793/job/ .
Equal Employment Opportunity: CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian-Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow these instructions:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
Please note that candidates must upload a cover letter, Curriculum Vita, brief statement ( 500 words or less) on future directions in library/information science education and contact information for at least three references ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
Please use a simple name for the document that you upload.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Queens College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com