Department Chair and Associate/Full Professor of Dance with Tenure California State University, Long Beach
Position: Department Chair and Associate/Full Professor of Dance with Tenure (Full Time, 12-Month)
Effective Date: August 20, 2018 (Fall Semester)
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Provide leadership in all departmental matters, including faculty, staff, and student recruitment, retention, and evaluation; staff supervision; curriculum; coordination of external and internal reviews; budget administration; seasonal dance productions; student advising; course scheduling; and faculty and staff professional development. Actively promote the following core values of academic leadership: ethics, shared governance, teamwork, collegiality, transparency, and empowerment with accountability. Teach course(s) each semester in his/her area of specialization and produce peer-reviewed research, scholarly and creative activities at the national/international level. Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community.
- M.F.A. or Ph.D. in Dance; or Ed.D. with additional degree in Dance.
- Demonstrated experience in administration and leadership in higher education.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching dance at the professional or college level.
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
- Previous experience as a department chair.
- Demonstrated experience in administration and/or leadership in the dance profession.
- Demonstrated professional accomplishment at a national and/or international level.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching a variety of courses in dance at both undergraduate and graduate levels with an expertise in one or more of the following: dance theory/critical studies; studio practice in ballet, modern/contemporary dance, jazz, hip hop, and/or African/African Diasporic dance; dance education; dance science; dance design/production; dance for camera.
- Demonstrated history of peer-reviewed research, scholarly and creative activities at the national/international level.
- Demonstrated experience in grant-writing and budget management.
- Demonstrated experience in curricular development.
- Demonstrated experience with national dance accreditation.
- Demonstrated experience with dance credentialing.
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
- A Student Success Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (approximately one page, single-spaced)
- Letter of application addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications
- CV (including current email address)
- Names and contact information for three references
- Copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
- A statement of philosophy that addresses the leadership, administration, and management of a department of dance including supporting faculty and staff of various backgrounds, disciplines, and/or research interests
- Finalists will also be required to submit a signed SC-1 form, three current letters of recommendation, and an official transcript
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Professor Andrew Vaca, Department Chair
Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to:
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Dance
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-7201
email@example.com or 562-985-1097
Review of applications to begin October 2, 2017
Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply visit: https://web.csulb.edu/divisions/aa/personnel/jobs/posting/2468/index.html
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State University, Long Beach and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency