Assistant Professor - Simulation Director
California State University, Los Angeles
The Patricia A. Chin School of Nursing is hiring a Simulation Lab Director as Assistant Professor/Tenure Track. An earned doctorate (Ph.D) in nursing or closely-related discipline from an accredited institution (or equivalent) is required; however, applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered. The doctorate must be completed by the date of appointment (8/16/2018).
- Evidence of expertise in simulation methodology, implementation and teaching.
- Current classroom and clinical experience (within the last five years) that included the facilitation of understanding and mastery of health care in multiple environments at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Evidence of eligibility to obtain a California RN license, and;
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a multicultural/multiethnic urban campus environment with a substantial population of first-generation students.
- a cover letter of application specifically addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications;
- a curriculum vitae;
- a list of three professional references, and;
- a university application for employment (www.calstatela.edu/academic/position) compiled into one single pdf file to the email address below.
Finalists will be required to submit:
- official transcripts, and;
- three current letters of recommendation prior to on-campus interviews to the postal address below.
Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Please submit electronic application file materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State University, Los Angeles and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com