Radiologic Technology (RADT) Instructor and Program Director
Wenatchee Valley College
This is a full-time, tenure-track faculty position on a 175-day contract. This position may include day and evening courses and is scheduled to begin winter quarter (January 2018).
The program director of the radiologic technology program (RADT) in cooperation with Wenatchee Valley College administration is responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of curricular goals and objectives while maintaining full accreditation through the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). These responsibilities require leadership in both academic and workforce areas. The program director has the following general responsibilities:
- Assure effective program operations.
- Oversee ongoing program assessment.
- Participate in budget planning.
- Maintain current knowledge of the professional discipline and educational methodologies through continuing professional development.
- Provide the leadership role in the continued development of the program.
- Assure that student admissions are in accord with published practices;
- Develop and evaluate college policies and procedures related to the program; orient students annually.
- Provide timely, appropriate and educationally valid clinical experiences for each admitted student.
- Oversee curriculum development; assure appropriate level and current content of objectives and instruction.
- Work with and develops an effective working relationship with the RADT
- Advisory Committee to ensure a high-quality program.
- Assure sponsoring institution's policies safeguard the health and safety of students.
- Documents that the program's energized laboratories are in compliance with applicable state and/or federal radiation safety laws.
- Establish and maintain affiliation agreements with clinical settings.
- Comply with requirements to achieve and maintain JRCERT accreditation.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES as a faculty member (including but not limited to):
- Instruct first and second year students in the RADT program, as assigned on the class schedule.
- Ensure students are thoroughly prepared for taking the national registry examination (ARRT) and for employment.
- Work with program faculty, administration and staff to help the college maintain accreditation with the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
- Work with program faculty, staff and administration to establish the program schedule.
- Maintain records and submit written reports as required by the college.
- Address student incidents, failures and issues.
- Participate actively in the development, implementation, and monitoring of practices that promote a safe laboratory/learning environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to: curriculum development; scheduled office hours; participation in department meetings, college committees and task groups; assessment of learning outcomes; advising of students for degree and career success; and other duties as assigned by the administration. Prepares and maintains course outlines and objectives, instructs and evaluates students, and reports progress. Maintains appropriate expertise and competence through continuing professional development.
- Bachelor's degree with significant progress towards a Master's degree.
- Is proficient in curriculum design, program administration, evaluation, instruction, and academic advising.
- Three-year's clinical experience in diagnostic imaging as ARRT RT (R).
- Two years of experience as an instructor in a JRCERT accredited program.
- Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and registration and unrestricted state license for Washington state.
- Master's degree.
- Experience in working with students via distance education modalities (i.e., online and/or ITV).
- Certification in a specialty area in the imaging sciences.
- Demonstrated ability to foster excellent teamwork in a radiologic technology education program.
- Experience in obtaining accreditation and preparing a self-study.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and effective manner.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Interested candidates must submit:
- a WVC application for employment (available on our website);
- A faculty supplemental application (available on our website);
- a cover letter that describes your interest in the position and addresses how you meet the minimum and desired qualifications;
- a current resume;
- unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary education; and
- the names, addresses and phone numbers of four individuals qualified to assess your work-related experience and your ability to perform the duties specified for this position.
For applications, qualifications, description and application procedure, see: http://www.wvc.edu/jobs or call: 509.682.6440 or e-mail email@example.com.
Review of applications: applications will be reviewed as received and continue until the position is filled.
Salary and benefits: Salary is determined by placement on the Wenatchee Valley College full-time faculty schedule ($46,916 to $55,650, 9-month, 175-day contract). This is a four-quarter program that receives an additional contract the extra fourth-quarter. Benefits include medical and dental coverage, life insurance, long-term disability, personal holidays, sick leave and a retirement plan.
Contact info: Wenatchee Valley College 1300 Fifth Street Wenatchee, WA 98801 or 509.682.6440 or TDD 509.682.6837/509.682.6853 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or website: http://www.wvc.edu/jobs. AA/EOE
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Wenatchee Valley College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please apply as included above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...