Social Media Coordinator
Otis College of Art and Design
Otis College of Art and Design is currently accepting applications for a Social Media Coordinator. The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for implementing, monitoring, and maintaining all official Otis College of Art and Design social media channels. This position will also assist the Communications & Marketing Writer to execute strategies, campaigns, and initiatives in accordance with social media guidelines as well as college-wide marketing, communications, and the advancement of goals and objectives.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, and reports to the Vice President of Communications and Marketing.
• Handles day- to-day activities on social sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Pinterest, and other outlets.
- Curates content and posts on social media channels daily.
- Writes and reviews search-optimized copy for short news posts.
- Engages with students, faculty, and staff to surface news and stories
- Monitors the Otis College brand in the digital space.
- Grows followers on social media and drives traffic to the website.
- Monitors social media trends, tools, and applications, and implements them when appropriate.
- Establishes relationships with online communities through consistent communication, and identifies key influencers that complement Otis’ media relations strategy.
- Provides social coverage for events and public programs.
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams to implement and maintain social media initiatives.
- Assists in benchmarking and tracking effectiveness of social media campaigns and gathering data/metrics for regular reporting.
- Researches, tracks analytics, and prepares reports on project/issue-specific social media activity.
- Recommends useful metrics and uses appropriate tools to track reputation/sentiments and analyzes and delivers key insights to managers.
- Monitors/tracks brand-related social media activity and responds in a timely manner to ensure and maintain a positive presence.
- Conducts key word research.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor of Arts degree in related field and 1-3 years of social media experience (preferably in higher education) is required.
Must have an understanding of search optimization and internet marketing best practices.
Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
Basic understanding of html, css, and web design.
Experience with videography and editing is a plus.
Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with strong time management and organizational skills.
Fluent in all social networks.
Ability and willingness to learn and adapt quickly.
Self-motivated with ability to establish priorities and effectively manage time to complete multiple tasks within specified timeframes.
Applicant should have a strong interest in social media and new communication technologies.
Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
Ability to work effectively with attention to detail.
Ability to work independently, in a team environment, and across departments.
Some evenings and/or weekend hours are required.
Interested candidates must apply via Otis’ website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com