Faculty Diversity Fellowship Program Communication Studies (2018-2019)
Montgomery County Community College
*This position will have college-wide teaching responsibilities that include being assigned to instruct at our Blue Bell, Pottstown, Lansdale, Conshohocken, virtual campus and/or offsite locations.
The Faculty Diversity Fellowship Program, in support of the College’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, promotes and advances the careers of exceptional scholars from historically underrepresented groups. The one-year program provides each fellow with opportunities for teaching, student engagement, peer mentoring, and professional development as educators and scholars.
Since its inception in 2007, the College has been enriched by the program through innovative curricula, scholarship, student connections, and advances in cultural competencies and awareness. The underpinnings of divergent academic interests, cultural backgrounds, and professional experiences, together with the presence of diverse faculty role models, contribute greatly to the success of all students. The Selection Committee will consider applicants from any discipline taught at the College, preference this year will be given to candidates with a degree in Communication Studies (Human, Strategic, or Speech).
- Reduced teaching load in both semesters.
- Participate fully in the life of the college, including committee assignments.
- Serve as a mentor in the Minority Student Mentoring Initiative
- Prepared for college-wide teaching responsibilities.
- Salary of a full-time instructor plus benefits.
- All privileges associated with full-time faculty status including office, phone, access and use of the College library, etc.
- Access to professional development opportunities offered through the Center for Faculty Development.
- Year-long mentorship from a current faculty member.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually.
The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of nine “2016 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.” Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
- Scholars at the beginning of their academic careers, or interested in refining their teaching skills, or,
- Seasoned industry professionals, who are considering college or university teaching careers.
- Prepared with a minimum of a Master’s degree in Communication Studies (Human, Strategic, or Speech).
- Members of historically underrepresented groups.
- Experience working in related field.
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit http://www.mc3.edu/career-opportunities. The closing date for applications is 12/31/17.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the Colleges diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Montgomery County Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com