Assistant Professor -
Cell & Molecular Biology or Biochemistry
University of Houston-Downtown
Department Name: D0017 Natural Sciences
The Department of Natural Sciences at the University of Houston-Downtown invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position in Cell & Molecular Biology or Biochemistry at the assistant professor level with an anticipated starting date of August 15, 2018.
Teaching responsibilities for this position include first-year biology and upper-level biology courses in the area of cellular and molecular biology, and/or biochemistry, based on the needs of the department.
In addition to providing student-centered pedagogy in all courses, this position requires the establishment of a successful research program that actively engages undergraduate students.
The faculty member is expected to pursue funding to support their research and to engage in service activities that support the mission of the department and UHD.
Required attributes: candidates must
- Hold a Ph.D. in biological sciences or related field
Preferred skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Demonstrated potential for excellence in undergraduate teaching
- A record of engagement in research appropriate to a predominantly undergraduate institution and a clear interest in directing undergraduate students in research
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate with others
- Experience with multiple forms of instructional delivery.
Attach the following to the job application:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Statement of research plans to include a discussion of how the proposed research program will incorporate undergraduate students
- Unofficial transcripts
Additionally, have 3 Letters of Recommendation sent directly to Ms. Andrea Guillory (email@example.com).
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection/ex3_uhdf/jobdetail.ftl?job=FAC000320&tz=GMT-05%3A00
The University of Houston-Downtown is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of any of its programs and activities, as specified by all applicable laws and regulations. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Houston-Downtown and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com