Part-Time Technical Support Specialist
Otis College of Art and Design
The Part-Time Technical Support Specialist provides technical maintenance and recovery support services for the Collegeís administrative offices as well as academic programs supporting faculty and students. This position serves on a team that acts as the primary liaison for all help desk inquiries either in-person, via phone, or on-line. This position provides assistance related to the installation, configuration, and maintenance of IT-related systems in both administrative and academic environments to ensure the highest levels of efficiency and security. This is a non-exempt, part-time position with a work schedule average of 20-25 hours per week. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of End‐User Computing.
- Supports computing technology in administrative offices, academic computer labs, multimedia classrooms, portable IT‐related devices, and all other computing hardware and software. Identifies, diagnoses, tests, and resolves computer network and server performance problems.
- Installs, configures, tests, and assists users with the implementation of new hardware, software, and applications. May develop custom scripts for end‐users.
- Configures and tests computer hardware, network software, and operating system software for deployment. Monitors operating systems and application environments for performance and security. Maintains and administers computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Assigns, modifies, and deletes user accounts/profiles and resolves IT‐access problems. Helps maintain integrity of IT‐related security systems.
- Provides training and guidance to other technical support staff and student workers. Plans and designs training documentation and conducts hands‐on training.
- Develops documentation for systems and administration procedures. May write reports and/or summaries (e.g., status reports, problem reports, progress summaries, system utilization reports) as needed. Implements and documents procedures for all supported hardware and software systems.
- Recommends changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determines hardware or software requirements related to such changes. May help develop a equitable upgrade plan in collaboration with supervisor based on maintenance recommendations.
- Stays informed of new developments and technologies by reading online and print publications, maintaining contact with vendors, and participating in professional organizations, meetings, and seminars.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelorís degree in computer information systems, or related field is required or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with systems administration is required, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Working knowledge of Windows and MacOS is required. Linux, VMware, and Window/MacOS Server is desirable.
- Experience in systems programming and scripting is desirable.
- Experience with applications and tools including Banner, Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, web‐based productivity applications, and open source solutions is desirable.
- Must be able to work efficiently and cooperatively in a multitasking collaborative team environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be willing to be available on‐call and perform duties outside of core business hours.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Interested candidates must apply via Otisí website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...