Otis College of Art and Design
The Program Administrator administers an academic or administrative program of the College. This position plans and schedules program services; administers program operations and administrative functions such as budget, marketing, outreach, etc. This position contributes to the design of program content and strategic planning efforts. The Program Administrator may oversee staff, students, volunteers, and/or temp workers. This position reports directly to the Director for Creative Action.
- Administers an academic or administrative program of the College. Plans and develops program objectives and/or content. Researches and identifies trends and/or needs and establishes program directions accordingly. Assesses quality of program operations. Modifies existing program services or creates new program offerings to maintain or enhance program standing. Links program with other relevant departments on or off campus as necessary.
- Manages the delivery of services to program participants and/or beneficiaries. Ensures quality programming and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Develops and conducts program-focused training and assesses proficiency or readiness of trainees.
- Develops relationships with vendors, partners and community persons. Conducts site visits to strengthen partner relationships
- Helps prepare for and work CA Events, including CA fair, partner party, symposia, annual kite festival, and any curricular exhibitions
- Distributes, collects, and tabulates student course evaluations and partner evaluations
- Develops and/or administers program budgets and recommends or makes budgetary and resource allocations. Provides financial status reports as requested.
- Maintains grant budgets; prepares disbursements, payroll authorizations, expenses, PO’s
- Assists in data collection and performs data entry for survey submissions; ensures completeness of data, monitors data integrity, and follows-up to obtain missing or additional data. Provides empirical analysis of evaluative data with descriptive statistics.
- Develops strategies for marketing and promoting program through the development of marketing plans, personal networking, publications, demonstrations, and/or event planning, etc.
- Serves as a key resource for program information. Resolves problems or questions referred by staff, College administrators, and/or other contingencies. Interfaces with faculty, staff, students, and external contacts for committee work or information exchange regarding program services or content.
- Identifies fundraising and development opportunities. Seeks funds for program operations from private and public sources. Writes grants to fund program or other proposals.
- Stays informed of developments in the field. Reads pertinent literature, attends meetings, and participates in professional associations as appropriate. Establishes an active network of professional contacts.
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff, student workers, volunteers, outside consultants, and/or other constituencies, as assigned.
- Must be responsive to work-related phone calls and emails during non-business hours on occasion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelorís degree or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education. A minimum of 3 years directly related professional experience in area of program specialization. Other requirements for the job include: proficient written and oral skills; project management abilities; problem identification and resolution capabilities; proficiency in public relations and networking. Knowledge of MS Access, Excel, Word, network communications, mail merges, and Photoshop. Experience working with an array of public relations media is highly desirable. Preference given to individuals with a Masterís degree with work experience based on program content.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Interested candidates must apply via Otis’ website at https://otis.simplehire.com to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...