Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Teacher Education
University of Dayton
The University of Dayton, Department of Teacher Education is seeking a dynamic faculty member prepared to play critical roles in creating and implementing curriculum and programs in diversity and culturally responsive teaching. This is a tenure-track faculty position in the field of (diversity and culturally responsive teaching).
The University of Dayton, founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary, is a Top Ten Catholic research university. The University seeks outstanding and diverse faculty who value its mission and share its commitment to academic excellence in teaching, research, development of the whole person, leadership and service in the local and global community.
The position is full-time, teaching three (3) courses per semester and supervising student field experience. The contract begins August 16, 2018.
The faculty member filling this position will actively contribute service as a team member to professional, university, and department communities.
Required qualifications for the position:
- Terminal degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in Education from an accredited university;
- Three years teaching experience in PK-12;
- Potential for scholarship;
- Successful educational experiences teaching diverse populations in urban settings;
- Knowledge related to state and national professional standards for teachers; and
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in developing curricula to address diversity;
- Evidence of high leverage instructional practices focused on diversity and culturally responsive teaching;
- Successful teaching in higher education including preparation of candidates teaching in urban settings;
- Experience developing and sustaining relationships with partners in variety of school settings;
- Successful experience in providing Professional Development in culturally responsive pedagogy;
- Member of education professional associations;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent oral communication skills; and
- Knowledge and sensitivity to the values of the Marianist Catholic Tradition.
Candidates should submit a letter of application addressing qualifications, accomplishments, and interest in the position; a C.V.; names and contact information of three current professional references; informal transcripts of all coursework. Applications must be submitted electronically to: http://jobs.udayton.edu/postings/24609.
Applications must be received by November 10, 2017.
To attain its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and affirmative action and to equal opportunity policies and practices. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
If you would like more information about this position, please e-mail Dr. Janet Herrelko, Chair of the Culturally Relevant Teaching Search Committee at email@example.com.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Dayton and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com