John V. Roach Honors College
Texas Christian University
The John V. Roach Honors College at Texas Christian University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor position in the College’s core interdisciplinary faculty beginning August 2018.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong interdisciplinary commitment to intercultural inquiry.
While the specific disciplinary background is open, experience, expertise, and publications in comparative critical studies encompassing multiple cultural perspectives and a record of exemplary teaching is essential.
Demonstrated ability to contribute compelling and innovative lower- and upper-division courses to the College’s curriculum is highly valued, as is engagement with themes and issues of class, gender, sex, nationality, citizenship, race, and ethnic identity.
As a university that embraces the teacher/scholar model, TCU emphasizes—and expects—a high level of commitment to both teaching and scholarship, and sustained commitments to student engagement and academic citizenship. Salary and teaching load are competitive.
Likely disciplinary backgrounds include (but are not limited to) cultural anthropology, ethnology, comparative race and ethnic studies, linguistics, sociology, geography, history, social work, communication studies, social entrepreneurship, musicology, ethnomusicology, art history, religious studies, and comparative literature.
Requirements: Ph.D., at least four years of full-time teaching at four-year colleges or universities, and a record of distinguished teaching and scholarship grounded in intercultural inquiry.
Applicants from all disciplines are welcome but a strong interdisciplinary commitment to intercultural inquiry is required.
Specified job requirements include:
- at least four years of full-time teaching at four-year colleges or universities
- a record of distinguished interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship grounded in intercultural inquiry
- evidence of sustained commitment to student engagement and academic citizenship.
Specified preferences include:
- demonstrated ability to contribute compelling and innovative lower- and upper-division courses to the College’s curriculum
- engagement with themes and issues of class, gender, sex, nationality, citizenship, race, and ethnic identity.
By November 20, interested individuals should submit:
- CV, cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy, and up to three academic publications to https://tcu.igreentree.com/CSS_Faculty; and
- three confidential letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will remain open until filled.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Texas Christian University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com