Assistant Professor, Anthropology - Applied Anthropology
Geography and Anthropology Department
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
The faculty member will teach undergraduate classes in applied anthropology, quantitative methods, environmental anthropology, anthropology as a STEM discipline, and/or method and theory.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an interest in involving undergraduates in research and/or field activity, an ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment, and enthusiasm for a hands-on, learn-by-doing approach to education, and a commitment to service.
Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a commitment to diversity in higher education are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Ph.D. in anthropology with a focus on applied approaches to anthropology or closely related field from an accredited university by August 1, 2018
- Evidence of university teaching experience (please send teaching evaluations if available)
- Evidence of scholarly potential (e.g., publications, conference presentations, grant development, extramural funding)
- Evidence of ability to work with, and mentor a diverse student population (e.g., advising, student club involvement, independent study supervision)
- Ability to teach courses in applied areas of anthropology and regional area of specialization
- Regional area of focus is open
- Specialization in applied approaches in anthropology, more specifically quantitative methods, environmental anthropology, anthropology as a STEM discipline, and/or method and theory
- An applied focus in research and/or teaching
- Willingness to develop local research project that includes undergraduate students in research
- Willingness to conduct fieldwork or applied community projects with students
Information and Application Process Instructions
A completed online application will consist of (prepare all files in .pdf format):
- a Cover Letter that describes the candidate's research and teaching experience and interests. The letter should also address the duties and qualifications as articulated in the position description.
- a statement of Teaching Philosophy within a multicultural environment, with examples of past experiences (1, single-spaced page)
- a Student Success Statement about your teaching, experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (1, single-spaced page)
- a Curriculum Vitae comprised of at least those elements specified on the application form;
- the names, titles, addresses, email and telephone numbers of at least five individual References who can speak to the candidate's potential for success in this position
- Teaching Evaluations (if available)
- a completed Academic Employment Application Form http://www.cpp.edu/~faculty-affairs/documents/acadapplication.pdf
- a Transcript showing highest degree earned (an official transcript will be required of finalists); and
- Three Recent (signed and dated within the past 2 years) letters of reference. The link for reference letter writers to follow is http://www.cpp.edu/~class/open-positions/applications/ant-applied-letters.shtml
The position is open until filled. We have extended our deadline for this position to November 1, 2017. Early response is encouraged. An online application process will be used.
To access the application and information about the position please visit: http://www.cpp.edu/~class/open-positions/applications/ant-applied.shtml
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the California State Polytechnic University, Pomona and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Claudia Garcia-Des Lauriers
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Claudia Garcia-Des Lauriers
3801 West Temple Avenue
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...