Financial Technician, Payroll Office
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 11/6/2017
The Payroll Department is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Financial Technician.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The purpose of the position is to perform a variety of complex and technical duties in the preparation and maintenance of assigned financial accounts; to prepare, review, and process documents, records, and reports related to payroll; and to provide technical assistance to district staff.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of December 18, 2017. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: Finance department, District offices, located on the West Valley College campus, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $4,670–$5,087 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 59, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated with required dues.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college with major coursework in accounting, bookkeeping, or a related field.
3. Two years of responsible financial or bookkeeping experience.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receive, review, adjust and record data from contracts, time sheets and other documents related to processing District payrolls for academic, classified and hourly personnel.
- Review data and verify the accuracy of pay rates, hours, salary calculations, codes and budget accounts; detect and correct discrepancies; contact supervisors and managers to verify hours and other information.
- Add, delete, correct and change payroll data in accordance with established schedules, State laws and regulations and District policies; verify all Human Resources calculations for payroll exceptions, pay increases and adjustments; balance assigned payrolls with County Office data.
- Maintain comprehensive employee payroll records and files according to legal requirements and District retention policies; respond to payroll inquiries and assist District staff with payroll questions; research information and correct errors.
- Enter data into computer, generate records and reports, and interface with County Office data processing systems and personnel.
- Record data and prepare vacation and sick leave reports; receive, review, adjust and distribute W–2 forms; process year end closing, clean–up and set up accounts payable.
- Determine correct retirement codes for employees in other retirement systems to ensure compliance with complex and varied regulations.
- Research, compile, and prepare a variety of periodic and special reports related to area of assignment.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...