West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 11/13/2017
The Division of Student Services and the Student Health Center is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Registered Nurse.
Mission College, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, is seeking a dynamic leader who thrives in a fast-paced and innovative environment. Recognized as both a Hispanic Serving Institution and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, Mission College is known for the strength of our academic programs and faculty as well as our equity-minded and student-focused approach that combines high-tech and high-touch.
The purpose of this position is to provide routine nursing services and first aid and emergency care as needed for students and staff on a community college campus; respond to emergency situations on campus as needed; and to maintain manual and electronic health records.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
80% of full time, 30 hours per week, 11 months per year, with anticipated start date of January 2, 2018. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $6,084–$6,672 monthly (salary shown is prorated for 80% of full-time, WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 81, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents (prorated for employees working less than 100% of full-time and less than 12 months).
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually. (prorated for employees working less than 100% and 12 months).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually (prorated for employees working less than 100% and 12 months).
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated with required dues.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in nursing or a related field.
3. Two years of responsible nursing experience.
License and Certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, license as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, current, valid CPR certification from the American Heart Association.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide professional nursing care based on medical, physical and emotional needs assessment of students.
- Provide first aid and emergency care for students and staff; respond to emergency situations on campus as needed, call 911 when needed.
- Assist physician during appointment hours; perform pre-examination screenings.
- Provide students with health information in a variety of areas; assist with coordination of presentations by outside agencies on a variety of health care topics.
- Initiate and maintain student health care records, both manual and electronic.
- Perform clinical procedures including venipuncture, administration of vaccines, and preventative screenings.
- Maintain inventory of appropriate clinic supplies; order new supplies as appropriate.
- Assist in establishing clinic policies and procedures; promote and participate in health care events and activities.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...