Asset Management Technician
Anne Arundel Community College
The role of the Asset Management Technician assists in life-cycle management of the college's hardware and software assets. The Asset Management Technician participates in the planning, acquisition, deployment, management and retirement of hardware and software assets.
AACC is an equal opportunity employer who values the power of diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in maintaining an accurate inventory database. Assists in the maintenance and distribution of equipment in stock room(s).
- Assists in performing inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and records all findings, changes, physical locations, and incidences of support.
- Assists in the reconciliation of inventory-related issues.
- Assists in tracking of consumable information such as printer toner replacements.
- Assists in the disposal of hardware and software. Works to securely wipe data from devices such as desktop computers and laptops.
- Assists remote site teams by transporting equipment between Arnold and remote sites, as needed.
- Works with customers to provide budgetary estimates and acquire technology.
- Assists customers in locating the best value through familiarity with contract vehicles, vendor pricing structures and product performance and reliability.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual PC replacement budget requests and annual software maintenance renewals.
- Assists leadership in the maintenance of standards, processes, and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of six months related experience required
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail and handle sensitive information.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record (less than 3 points) required.
Basic knowledge in one or more of the following:
- PC Hardware
- Mobile Devices
- AV technologies
- MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Access)
- IT Service Management Tools.
- Current certifications in asset management or related discipline.
- Current certification from a national organization such as SIIA or IAITAM.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service in a prompt, cooperative, and friendly manner.
- Ability to interact with a variety of faculty, staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Associates degree preferred
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com