Program Coordinator, Internships
Anne Arundel Community College
With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully-accredited, public two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that can lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning.
The Internship Coordinator and Career Educator is responsible for managing all campus internship activities, serving as a central resource for engaging students, faculty, and employers in the development of and participation in diverse work-based experiences that allow for career exploration for students. This position is also responsible for career-related functions including career readiness, preparation, search strategies, community partnership development and support to faculty to integrate career-related information and activities into curriculum.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and vision in the design and implementation of the internship program. Advise faculty and academic departments in internship best practices and collaborate with other college offices in activities that align with internship program goals and objectives. Conduct outreach activities to promote internship opportunities and activities, including leadership and support for all college-wide internship and job workshops and fairs. Collect and track data and conduct regular assessment activities of the internship program.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with a diverse array of businesses, non-profits, government agencies, and professional organizations and associations to understand and respond to workforce needs. Create meaningful internship opportunities for students that foster career exploration and cultivate, develop and maintain new and existing relationships to increase employment connections for students.
- Prepare students for the workforce, coaching students in career readiness and preparation activities including résumé and cover letter writing, interview skills, search strategies, and soft skills development.
- Assist faculty with the integration into curriculum of career exploration and preparation activities, experiential learning, and connections with career readiness competencies.
- Address employment law and assess and manage risk issues and communicate as appropriate with students, employers, and the college community.
- Participate in local and national internship and career services professional organizations and networks.
- Manage program data. Track student and employer information, utilize labor market tools and provide reports as required.
- Assess program activities and services and develop action plans for future improvement and growth.
- Provide supervision to office support staff and interns as necessary.
- Manage internship budget.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director or Dean.
- Master’s degree required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of career services experience and experience developing internships is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining community partner relationships with businesses, non-profits, government agencies, and professional organizations and associations in a diverse range of industries. Familiarity with the Anne Arundel County community preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with community organizations, public and private agencies, community college leadership, faculty, staff, students, and the public. Minimum of one year supervisory skills is required.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite, the Internet, social media tools, and career services tools and technology required.
- Familiarity with employment law, labor market needs and employment recruiting trends.
- Demonstrated ability to track and report data and assess program activities and services aligned with program goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and marketing skills.
Five to ten years of experience strongly preferred
Five years of experience developing internships
Ability to interact with a variety of faculty, staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., occasional evenings
Information and Application Process Instructions
For more information or to apply, please visit https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Anne Arundel Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Please apply online at: https://aacc.hiretouch.com
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...