Open Rank, Tenure-Track or Tenured Faculty Position in Health and Biomedica
Indiana UniversityPurdue University Indianapolis
The Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing (SoIC) at IUPUI invites applications for an open-rank tenure-track or tenured faculty position in the Department of BioHealth Informatics (BHI). The appointment will begin August 1, 2018 on the IUPUI campus. Exceptional researchers are being sought to join our fast-growing department. We welcome applications from established researchers with collaborative research teams. Candidates will be considered from all areas in health and biomedical informatics, including health informatics, clinical informatics, medical informatics and other related informatics areas.
The Ideal Candidate
- We seek candidates who have an active forward looking research agenda, as evidenced by a history of peer-reviewed publications, grant proposal writing, and involvement in grant supported research projects.
- Outstanding record conducting individual and collaborative research.
- Will have experience with one or more of the following: Health Information Technology (HIT), Health Information Exchange (HIE), Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system, learning healthcare system, big data analytics, natural language processing, and data science in Health and Biomedical Informatics.
- Will be able to communicate clearly and directly.
Responsibility of the new faculty:
- to have or to develop an independently funded research program of international caliber: Candidates must demonstrate an outstanding scholarly record of research, exhibited by high-impact peer-reviewed publications and a forward-looking, vigorous research agenda that will secure competitive, external funding.
- to participate in undergraduate and graduate teaching: The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise to contribute to the teaching mission of the Health and Biomedical Informatics program. Experience with active learning strategies, co-teaching, and interprofessional student teams is desirable.
- to lead multiple health and biomedical informatics initiatives: The successful candidate will promote BHI research projects, teach subject matters courses, contribute to curriculum development, expand the departmentfs scope, and serve on a cross-disciplinary team to develop multidisciplinary research projects and training programs in the health and life sciences.
- Ph.D. or clinical doctorate (M.D., D.N.P., D.D.S. or Pharm.D.) biomedical informatics, medical informatics, computer science or related field and relevant research training and experience. Applicants must have completed their degree by the date of appointment.
- Academic rank beyond Assistant Professor will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a record of outstanding research productivity, to obtain external funding, to exhibit effective teaching in Health Informatics, and to creatively adapt and diversify pedagogy for online or blended learning.
Information and Application Process Instructions
How to apply
- Visit https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/2754 for full application instructions.
- To ensure full consideration, please submit your application materials by December 1, 2017. However, the position will remain open until filled.
- Questions pertaining to this position may be directed to the Assistant to the Chair, Robyn Hart at email@example.com.
The School of Informatics and Computing is eager to consider applications from women, veterans and minorities. Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. IUPUI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution M/F/D/V.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Indiana UniversityPurdue University Indianapolis and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...