AP Bilingual Education
CUNY City University of New York
The Elementary and Early Childhood Education Department at Queens College, one of the senior colleges of the City University of New York (CUNY) system, invites applications for an Assistant Professor vacancy in Bilingual Education. The Bilingual Education Program in the Elementary and Early Childhood Education Department (http://www.qc.cuny.edu/academics/degrees/education/elementary/Pages/default.aspx) seeks to hire a tenure track assistant professor to teach master-level courses in the area of bilingual education and bilingualism starting August 2018. We have a particular interest in scholars who specialize in or have a research agenda specific to bilingual education, translanguaging and/or biliteracy development and who want to work with bilingual teachers and/or public school principals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting and continuing research that is currently ongoing in bilingual education and bilingualism
- Leading and supporting program development
- Contributing and supporting school-university partnerships
- Collaborating with or mentoring other faculty in the Bilingual Education Program
- Advising students in the Bilingual Education Program
- Teaching online graduate courses in areas including foundations of bilingual education and bilingualism, educational linguistics and psycholinguistics, language and literacy development in the home language and instruction and assessment across the content areas in bilingual learners.
Required qualifications include: (1) Ph.D. or Ed.D. in an area related to bilingual/multilingual language development, biliteracy and/or assessment and/or knowledge about bilingual/multilingual teacher preparation (2) eligibility for New York State certification as a bilingual teacher.
Preferred qualifications include: (1) Three or more years of professional experience in elementary or early childhood bilingual/multilingual school settings, (2) experience working with school principals and teachers in bilingual/multilingual settings and (3) research and/or publications in the areas of bilingual/multilingual language and bi-literacy development and/or assessment.
For application information and more details, go to www.cuny.edu and click on “employment,” then “Search job listings,” then “More options to search for CUNY jobs,” and search by the Job Opening ID # 17562. Click on the “Apply Now” button, and follow the instructions.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at CUNY City University of New York and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com