Assistant Professor - Civil Engineering
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, Civil Engineering Department
The Civil Engineering Department in the College of Engineering at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites applications for two tenure-track positions in Civil Engineering, in the technical areas of Geotechnical Engineering and Structural Engineering, at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin in Fall 2018.
For full position description and application procedures please check the university website at http://www.cpp.edu/~faculty-affairs/open-positions/college-unit/eg/civil.shtml or contact the Civil Engineering Department by email at email@example.com
The University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
- Ph.D. in Geotechnical or Structural Engineering, or a closely aligned field from an accredited university by June 2018
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching and research
- A minimum of one year of post-baccalaureate professional civil engineering work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse students and community populations
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level
- Demonstrated ability to develop lecture and laboratory curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to develop research projects and/or in developing industry contacts
- Experience with contracts and grants for applied research projects
- Demonstrated ability to be responsive to the educational equity goals of the university and its increasing ethnic diversity and international character
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the United States
A completed application will consist of:
- A cover letter that describes the candidate’s teaching and research experience and interests, and addresses the duties and qualifications articulated in the position description;
- A statement of teaching philosophy;
- A statement of student success philosophy;
- A curriculum vitae comprised of elements specified on the application form, including the names, titles, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least five individuals who can speak to the candidate’s potential for success in this position;
- A list of courses the candidate is prepared to teach, courses they can teach with some additional preparation, and courses they would like to develop;
- A completed application form (available at http://www.cpp.edu/~faculty-affairs/documents/acadapplication_feb2017.pdf) A transcript showing the highest degree earned (an official transcript will be required of finalists); and
- Three recent letters of reference (required for finalists).
Each applicant should apply for a specific position out of the two positions.
Full consideration will be given to applications received by January 15, 2018. Applications received after that date may be considered until positions are filled. It is anticipated that the appointment will begin Fall 2018.
When inquiring or applying for these job openings, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com