Visiting Research Scholar
Program in Latin American Studies
The Program in Latin American Studies (PLAS) is seeking top scholars in their fields who have teaching experience and will provide Princeton students with a unique opportunity to study topics that are not regularly offered at the University. Applications will be accepted from outstanding scholars in the humanities and social sciences, as well as from established writers, artists, filmmakers, or architects working on projects relating to Latin America who are stellar teachers.
Visiting Research Scholars will be expected to teach one undergraduate course per semester, conditional upon sufficient enrollments and approval of a Princeton department and the Dean of the Faculty, and to participate in PLAS-related events on campus.
Appointments are for one or two semesters, during the 2018-2019 academic year (fall semester: September 1, 2018-January 31, 2019; spring semester: February 1-June 30, 2019). A competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits will be offered. The Office of the Dean of the Faculty determines salary on the basis of current academic rank and award duration; appointment rank at Princeton is determined on the basis of experience and current institutional affiliation.
Required Qualifications: Advanced degree preferred.
How to Apply:
For full consideration, all the materials listed must be received by October 20, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST.
All candidates must submit materials and apply online at: https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/1882.
- Cover letter indicating the applicant’s proposed length of stay (1-2 semesters), title of the proposed research project, and teaching interests;
- Curriculum vitae (in English);
- One undergraduate seminar proposal (or syllabus) for each proposed semester of the fellowship, including a statement of how this course(s) would enhance undergraduate education at Princeton;
- A four-five page statement describing the research project and its scholarly contribution;
- The names and contact information of three (3) referees (the Program will contact them, if needed, at a later date).
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Princeton University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com