UCSF School of Nursing
Department of Family Health Care Nursing
Health Sciences Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor
The University of California, San Francisco School of Nursing Department of Family Health Care Nursing is seeking a qualified individual for a part-time to full-time appointment as a Health Sciences Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor for the Family Nurse Practitioner Program.
The position may incorporate a variety of roles of variable percentage, within teaching, clinical practice, service, and research/creative activities:
- For teaching, the faculty will supervise, teach, and evaluate students in the classroom, skills lab, simulation, clinical and community settings; develop course materials for management of adults and children in primary care settings including rural health and health professions shortage areas; participate in FNP curriculum development; identify and develop clinical placements and community clinical resources; and provide academic advisement for students.
- For clinical practice, the faculty will serve as faculty provider at the faculty practice and/or related satellite sites, providing patient-centered care to underserved patients in interprofessional settings with FNP students. The faculty may develop innovative practice models such as group medical visits as applicable for each site. The faculty will hold a primary role in preceptor development training at the clinical sites.
- For service, the faculty will participate in FNP faculty meetings and Dept/School/Campus committees as assigned; contribute to professional, community, and academic organizations and to the University across Dept/School/Campus levels.
- For research/creative activities, the faculty will disseminate clinical knowledge developments and educational innovations through peer reviewed presentations and manuscripts.
- Active Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, and Nurse Practitioner Furnishing license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Master's degree in Nursing and/or Doctorate in Nursing Practice.
- National certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Three (3) or more years of clinical experience as FNP providing primary care services in community settings.
- Evidence of experience in providing primary rural health care is highly desired.
- Evidence demonstrating a record of success leading, supervising and/or working with diverse, multi-cultural, interprofessional teams.
- Evidence of commitment to serving the underserved and experience in FHQC/community-based sites.
- Experience in developing or providing group medical visits.
- Active DEA Certificate
- Two (2) or more years of experience in clinical precepting of advanced practice nursing students.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in teaching in advanced practice nursing programs with responsibility for course design and participation in curricular activities.
- Academic preparation in curriculum development, teaching methodologies, and supervised teaching residency/practicum.
- Evidence of teaching excellence, experience in patient care, and involvement in other scholarly and/or other creative activities.
- Multilingual skills, preferred languages: Spanish & Chinese languages.
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with multiple organizational levels and contacts of diverse backgrounds: interprofessional colleagues and learners, faculty, students, external key contacts, community-based partners, and campus leadership.
- Participation and/or leadership experience in national professional organizations.
Information and Application Process Instructions
How to Apply
Please apply online with curriculum vitae, cover letter, teaching statement and contact information for three professional references at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01588. Cover Letter should be addressed to Erica Monasterio: Chair, Search Committee, Department of Family Health Care Nursing. Department staff contact for application questions is Marieville Sales (Marieville.Sales@ucsf.edu) .
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of California, San Francisco and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...