Instructors are responsible for teaching courses in a variety of modalities while promoting and supporting the vision and mission of Rasmussen College. Instructors will teach 4.5-5.5 work units each quarter.
Minimum expectations for all faculty include focus on the following areas:
- Teaching Effectiveness: Professionalism, Use of Technology, and Content Expertise
- Model high standards of professional behavior and communication for students
- Collaborate with student support personnel providing academic and professional guidance for students
- Research and utilize digital content in courses to connect students to more resources
- Utilize online grade books and communication techniques to further engage students in their own learning; use online database tools for communicating with campus personnel and documenting necessary information
- Facilitate highly effective and engaging learning environments in various teaching modalities including residential, online, FLEX and FLAT, meeting the diverse needs of learners
- Create and maintain course materials in compliance with College and regulatory requirements
- Assess student learning, provide feedback and support, and refer student for additional support when necessary
- Professional Development and In-Service Training
- Actively participate in community service and College In-Service
Training Programs and meetings
- Participate in professional organizations and professional development activities including webinars, seminars and conferences in field of study
- Develop, review and adhere to academic policies and procedures for the college
- Actively participate in advisory boards, student organizations and system committees
- Create, implement and evaluate annual professional development plan.
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee’s differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Apply Online -
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Rasmussen College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com