Assistant/Associate/Professor of Nursing
Texas Lutheran University
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Nursing to begin January 2018.
Requirements for the position include:
- PhD in Nursing or related field (ABDs with appropriate assurances of completion date within a year of employment may be considered) and hold an earned Masterís Degree in Nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Texas or be eligible for licensure in Texas.
- Evidence of experience in program development and evaluation, curriculum design, and teaching in an undergraduate baccalaureate nursing program.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and advising of undergraduate students consistent with the Departmentís Mission, Values, and Program Outcomes.
- Evidence of at least five years of clinical expertise in medical surgical nursing and/or mental health/psychiatric nursing.
- Ability to work collegially with other faculty members and staff in the department and across campus.
- Commitment to university/community service, outreach, and continued professional development.
- Commitment to attracting and retaining students from traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Understanding and support of the mission of Texas Lutheran University.
Preference may be given to candidates who also offer one or more of the following:
- Evidence of teaching in a specialty in nursing such as mental health/psychiatric nursing or medical-surgical/critical care nursing.
- Evidence of successful teaching experience in various formats, including the use of instructional technology and openness to interdisciplinary teaching and team-teaching.
- Evidence of experience working within the rules, laws, and regulations relating to BSN programs in Texas.
- Evidence of experience in building and promoting community relationships, including developing student practicums in nursing.
- ANA or other appropriate certification in specialty or APRN.
- A record of publication and a commitment to on-going research.
The Department of Nursing has full approval from the Texas Board of Nursing to offer a baccalaureate degree in nursing and is accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001.
We have an excellent NCLEX-RN pass rate and employment rate for our graduates as well as pre-licensure and RN to BSN tracks with currently over 75 students.
The curriculum is designed to prepare graduates for a nursing career and requires all students to be involved in faculty-mentored undergraduate research.
Information about the Department of Nursing is available at www.tlu.edu/nursing.
Salary is competitive, with excellent benefits. Texas Lutheran University is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The ELCAís 26 colleges and universities value and practice academic freedom while preparing women and men for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world. For more information, consult our website at www.tlu.edu.
Texas Lutheran University seeks applicants who understand the importance of diversity particularly as it pertains to Hispanic Serving Institutions. We seek candidates who have the professional skills, experience, and/or willingness to enhance campus diversity in support of our mission as an institution and our strategic plan.
As part of your application file, please submit a statement that addresses your contributions to diversity and/or your experience working with underrepresented student populations.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a ďGreat College to Work ForĒ by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the Presidentís Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to diversity.
Please submit a letter of application addressing the above criteria, a current curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching and nursing philosophy, a statement of research interests, three professional references (names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers), and arrange for three confidential letters of recommendations to be submitted separately. Single-file, electronic submissions are preferred.
Please submit to:
Dr. Kathie Aduddell
Director, Department of Nursing
Texas Lutheran University, 1000 West Court Street, Seguin, Texas 78155-5999
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Texas Lutheran University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com