Assistant/Associate Professor in Digital Health/M-Health
Johns Hopkins University
The Department of International Health (IH) seeks a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor specializing in digital health / mobile health (mHealth) or Information & Communications Technologies (ICTs) for Health. The successful candidate will be based in the Global Disease Epidemiology and Control program or Health Systems program of the Department of International Health. Responsibilities include contributing to ongoing research as well as maintaining an independent program of externally-funded research (with a particular emphasis on public health and digital systems innovation in low and middle-income countries), graduate-level teaching, and participation in University service activities. Possible areas of engagement include:
- Extending the JHU research agenda around generating, challenging and synthesizing evidence for specific digital health strategies and research around national level enterprise architecture for digital health
- Development, testing and validation of new frameworks to guide program scale-up and integration, guided by robust implementation science methods; or the governance and sustainable financing needed to implement and maintain such an architecture
- Serving as a focal point to bolster teaching and coursework around digital health through new course offerings and embedded in existing courses;
- Working to develop original funded research, support existing projects and engage with ongoing bilateral and multilateral policy and guidelines/guidance development activities underway.
- Mentoring and advising masters and doctoral students focusing on use of ICTs for HSS and programmatic interventions
The efforts of this new faculty member would directly relate to IHs priority research areas of fieldappropriate solution development, evidence generation and health systems strengthening from grassroots to policy levels. The successful candidate will join a diverse group of faculty with broad expertise in digital health, including faculty in the JHU Global mHealth Initiative, the Johns Hopkins International Injury Research Unit and the International Vaccine Access Center, among others.
Candidates are expected to have:
- Expertise in digital health / m-Health research, implementation, evaluation and/or policy as relevant to global health, including but not limited to:
- Health promotion
- Client and patient engagement
- Health worker support and training
- Disease and risk factor surveillance
- Clinical and public health information systems
- Adaptive program management
- Scale-up, integration and institutionalization GDEC / HS / Faculty / Digital Health PAGE 2
- Ability to be an effective teacher and mentor, as evidenced by communication skills, clear expression of ideas and demonstrated commitment to teaching, mentoring and advising students.
- A successful track record of publishing in peer-review journals and with the potential to successfully compete for external research funds.
- Experience in multidisciplinary collaborations on digital health / mhealth will be viewed favorably.
Skills: We seek to recruit a candidate with a growing or established nationally and/or internationally recognized research portfolio in mHealth, digital health or public health innovation, focusing on current and emerging high priority international public health topics. Strong existing relationships with relevant industry or government actors will be favorably viewed.
- Basic Skills familiarity with Digital Health principles, use of ICTs for development and health system strengthening, qualitative and quantitative / mixed methods research skills, implementation science, policy analysis and / or economic evaluation
- Desirable skills familiarity or experience with technical systems design, user-centered design, communication with programming or systems development teams.
- Experience with interoperability of public health information systems including key clinical systems, HL7 FHIR, OpenHIE, OpenMRS, etc.
- PhD or DrPH in International Health, Global Health, Implementation Science, Epidemiology or Public Health / Health Policy is preferable.
- Masters or equivalent in Health Informatics, Biomedical Engineering, or similar field is desirable.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: The Johns Hopkins University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The Johns Hopkins University actively encourages interest from minorities and women, and is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply. The Johns Hopkins University is a drug-free workplace as well as a smoke-free environment, and as such prohibits smoking in all facilities.
Applicants should apply through the Interfolio Site: http://apply.interfolio.com/45006 Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and will be reviewed periodically as received.
Links of interest for this position: http://www.jhsph.edu/Dept/IH, http://www.jhumhealth.org
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Johns Hopkins University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Chair of the Search Committee
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Chair of the Search Committee
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...