Director, Center for Nondestructive Evaluation
Iowa State University
The Iowa State University College of Engineering (www.engineering.iastate.edu) invites external applications for the position of the Director of the Center for Nondestructive Evaluation (CNDE), an internationally recognized center for R&D in NDE established in 1985.
The appointment will be at a tenured/tenure-track full-time faculty position at the rank of associate or full professor in relevant department(s) in the College of Engineering.
Working with outstanding personnel, the CNDE Director will provide the creative vision and leadership to advance the center’s scientific and engineering R&D program.
Applicants must have an earned doctoral degree in a related area and a proven track record of scholarly NDE R&D, activities including grant and contract successes, and demonstrated expertise with planning, leading and growing successful multi-investigator research initiatives.
- Doctorate in science or engineering discipline
- Demonstrated record of related NDE R&D accomplishments
- Grant/contract successes (acquisition and execution)
- Demonstrated expertise in planning, leading and growing successful multi-investigator research initiatives
- National prominence and international reputation in the NDE community
- Record of visionary leadership in NDE.
- Collaborate successfully with government, industry and academic partners/sponsors, including advisory boards, review panels and/or national working groups
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and clientele
- Demonstrated ability to manage R&D and supervise technical researchers
The application process requires submission of the following: 1) Two page cover letter including statements of research and leadership philosophy and addressing the required and preferred qualifications, 2) a resume or curriculum vitae, and 3) names and contact information of three references.
For any questions, please contact Associate Dean for Research Arun Somani (email@example.com).
Screening of applicants will begin on October 26 and continue until the position is filled.
The expectation is that the applicant would begin work at ISU in spring 2018.
For more details and to apply for the position please visit
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply to this job” and complete the Employment Application.
Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
- Two page (approximate) cover letter containing statements of research and leadership philosophy that includes the vision for the future of the center and addresses the required and preferred qualifications.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full Contact Information for at least three Professional References
If you have questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Dr. Arun Somani (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 515-294-0442.
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email email@example.com or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Iowa State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com